3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350+ carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
Want to work for one of the hottest and most exciting car-buying brands, play a key role in one of the world’s biggest auto YouTube channels, and ultimately help hundreds of thousands of consumers buy the right car?
carwow is looking for a Deputy News Editor to make a huge impact across our range of platforms.
Our YouTube channel is one of the most watched car channels in the world, with nearly 7 million subscribers and up to 75 million views a month. Our social media channels enjoy industry-busting levels of reach and engagement. And of course our website news, blog and guides pages have helped millions of consumers research and buy their next car.
We’re not done yet though – and we need a dynamic deputy news editor to work across all these areas, helping us achieve our ambitious targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to put your knowledge of cars into making a real difference for consumers so, if you’re up for the challenge, read on...
As deputy news editor, you will help the news editor expand our regular news output on our website, Youtube channel and social media platforms.
You’ll know what new cars are coming before anyone else, and help foster great relationships with car manufacturer press teams to make sure carwow is always first with the most interesting written content, social-media posts and long-form videos.
You’ll help the news editor with each step of a new car being revealed; from liaising with rendering illustrators and spy photographers to writing scripts for predictive news videos, squeezing juicy information from OEM press teams and helping to prepare and execute on-location video shoots with new models under embargo.
You will stand in for the news editor
You’ll have extensive knowledge of new cars, including up-coming models that haven’t been released yet. You’ll be able to write compelling jargon-free news stories and blog posts that are engaging, informative and accessible to everyone.
You’ll also have good experience of attending new-car reveals, communicating with manufacturer PR teams and producing sparkling copy to tight deadlines.
You must have the drive and tenaciousness to make sure we produce the most engaging content featuring the best new cars. You’ll be a creative thinker, who will find solutions to problems.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a team that has enjoyed explosive growth and is recognised across the industry. We need someone with the ambition and drive to make us grow bigger and faster.
- Help the new editor to make sure carwow is on the pulse with all new cars as they’re revealed
- Write news stories, blog posts, consumer guides and upload into carwow’s CMS
- Prepare extensive notes and assist (on-set) with green-screen news videos
- Liaise with OEM press teams to obtain content under embargo, including writing voice-over scripts for news videos
- Organise and prepare for on-location walk-around videos of new cars in the UK and abroad
- Attend product launches/press events/video shoots
- Stand in for news editor when necessary
- Extensive knowledge of new cars and future models
- A good understanding and experience of the car industry
- A confident negotiator – you’ll work with OEM press teams to make sure carwow has access to the best content, first
- Be able to work under pressure and hit deadlines while maintaining the highest possible editorial standards
- A keen eye for detail – you’ll help safeguard the quality/accuracy across all news, blog, and consumer-guide content
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holiday
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.