3-4 days per week at home
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Data at Duffel
You will be the first dedicated Data Engineer at Duffel. You will be working closely with the engineering team, while collaborating heavily with other departments to identify and provide solutions to Duffel's data needs.
You'll be a key part of a team that is responsible for of all data-related questions, and its mission is to leverage data into an asset across the entire organisation. As analysts, scientists, or engineers, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle: from its collection to its analysis, from its aggregation to bringing complex models to production.
As a data engineer, you will mainly be working on building and managing Duffel's processing infrastructure, in order to enable data-driven decision making.
You will mainly be working with Python & Elixir (No experience required), and will use technologies such as Airflow, Neo4j, Kubernetes, Terraform, the Google Cloud Platform Suite - with PubSub, GCS, BigQuery, DataStore, DataFlow, etc.
What we're looking for in you
- A passion for data: you'll be the first person to join this team so far. You will be exposed to all types of data challenges.
- Experience developing, maintaining and scaling processes end-to-end, from collection to analysis, as well as managing pipelines & algorithms.
- Opinions on what good data & engineering standards and processes should look like, as you will help define such standards at Duffel.
- Fantastic communication skills. You're able to articulate your thoughts to the wider team in a clear and structured manner.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment. You believe in your own methods but keep an open mind, taking suggestions and feedback onboard as well.
- You never lose sight of the big picture, and can make technical trade offs against business impact.
What you will be working on
- Designing, building and maintaining ETL pipelines and models powering our analytics and products.
- Cleaning, enriching and maintaining our datasets.
- Providing visibility into the key business metrics, through business intelligence analysis and introducing tooling.
- Building out our data infrastructure, while keeping scale and cost in mind.
- Building and maintaining our data lake and warehouse organised, available and secure.
- Maintaining and scaling our analytics solutions (infrastructure & content).
- Identifying needs from the various Duffel teams, and fulfilling them, to enable data-driven decisions.
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.