Technical Product Manager
Remote-first - with Co-working space
Core hours 10 - 4
Mind Foundry is a University of Oxford machine learning company. We operate at the intersection of research, innovation, and usability to empower teams with AI built for humans. We believe that AI should be transparent and responsible, by design and we’re looking for versatile people who can help us realise a future where AI and Humans collaborate to solve the world’s most important problems.
As a Technical Product Manager you'll be working alongside teams of talented scientists, engineers, design-thinkers and product specialists that enables the delivery of state-of-the-art AI/ML in a diverse range of products. We grow and succeed together by working in collaborative, flexible, and self-organising remote-first teams where your passion for robust, science led, product development will allow you to thrive. Working at Mind Foundry will provide an excellent platform for you to grow, learn, and have a real impact on the important problems in the world by helping us to make our vision a reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the Product team, you will collaborate with teams across the company to capture the most relevant insights in our commercial relationships, and translate them into building and extending innovative products that support and exemplify Mind Foundry’s three pillars.
The Product team are responsible for both the core capabilities of the Mind Foundry platform and the targeted commercial solutions that are built atop them. The Product team ensures that the collective capabilities of the Mind Foundry platform are powerful and intuitive, while the value that they deliver in the form of commercial solutions is targeted and delivers customer value in our target markets
What you will need to know as a Product Manager at Mind Foundry
- We are growing! And fast! So be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into this next phase of growth. Consistency and an eye on the long-term is going to be incredibly important for our platform as we scale - so you’ve got to have a long lens, as well as be able to prioritise things for the short-term.
- We are autonomous! You are a member of a team - but you will have responsibility from Day 1. As the Product team expands, we’re going to need to evolve and adapt to supporting the different needs of our team. So a commitment to mutually supporting each other is essential.
- We’re hybrid! It’s not a surprise, but there’s going to be a mixture of on-site and remote working; we’ll work with you to find the right combination for you and the role. So while you’ll be well connected with your teammates, it’s likely that you won’t be in the same environment as everyone you need to collaborate with. Being proactive and making a hybrid working style work for you, your collaborators and your team is essential.
- We’re learning! One of our commitments at Mind Foundry is to continuously learn from our experience and so we’re always looking for ways to improve, adapt and move forward. Things can change rapidly. So be prepared for a changing and flexing environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Owning product delivery for specific products within the Mind Foundry Platform
- Working within multidisciplinary teams to deliver solutions in an iterative and incremental manner, leveraging lean and agile principles while fostering an environment of learning and collaboration
- Managing and prioritising the product backlog, working collaboratively with the technical delivery team to ensure requirements are well defined and are aligned with user needs and product direction.
- Representing the Product team, our platforms, capabilities and roadmaps in wider company meetings
- Leading workshops and interviews to gather requirements and feedback
- Design a scalable and repeatable rollout model ensuring continuous impact measurement and consistent improvement through a variety of post-launch tools and practices
- Testing and validating product ideas and designing solutions
- Presenting product progress to both internal and external stakeholders at regular intervals
- Providing effective project management for your domain, and documenting progress on your product(s)
- Working across products where required and quickly adapting to different market requirements when challenged.
You will be committed to Mind Foundry’s mission, its three pillars and to building and maintaining AI technology that enables humans and AI to collaborate to solve the world’s most important problems. You will understand the future implications of an AI-enabled world, and be attuned to the importance of responsible technology and ethical safeguards.
What You’ll need
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a technical discipline, or demonstrable experience in software development
- Experience as an Agile Product Manager, and use of Agile related software such as Jira and/or Confluence
- Familiarity with data-driven decision making and intuitive UX
- Experience with AI & machine learning, including MLOps and DevOps environments
- End-to-end experience solving complex problems from ideation to post-launch through product/technology development
- Experience leading and working in interdisciplinary teams (e.g. designers, software engineers, commercial leads)
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills
- Communication and leadership skills; ability to work directly with stakeholders at all levels
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You'd be joining a talented and fun team of scientists, engineers, storytellers and problem-solvers who are dedicated to innovation, ethical AI, the pursuit of knowledge and making the world a better place. We believe in investing in our people by encouraging career and personal development. We strive to ensure all staff have the tools, time & support they need to shape their own professional development. We want to help you to be the best at what you do and to allow you to grow with the company.
You’ll enjoy a competitive compensation package, an awesome work environment in Summertown (Oxford, UK), if that’s where you choose to work from. We also offer great benefits* such as:
- Remote & flexible working
- Professional and personal development
- Private healthcare (including dental and optical cover)
- Stakeholder Pension
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- An opportunity for equity in the company
- Physical and mental health well-being initiatives e.g. discounts on gym memberships and sportswear & equipment, free fitness & nutrition programmes and professional mental health support sessions
- Life cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Plus many more e.g. social events, games night, pub lunches, office treats etc - we make sure our remote workers are not left out!
*Benefits may differ for employees based outside of the UK.
For more information about us, please go to www.mindfoundry.ai