Fully flexible hours
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air travel, and it cuts down on the carbon emitting congestion of road travel. With the current climate crisis it’s more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. For every travel company having rail as a booking option is like having vegan choices on the menu – it’s a must! The trouble is, there’s been nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience… until now.
We are SilverRail, a global tech company working to solve this problem by delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets, making it easy for people to choose rail and cut their carbon emissions.
In Sweden we provide complete technology solutions for the nation’s biggest rail carrier SJ, and our team are focussed on providing the best continuing service for this client while moving forward to future projects. We are using the Agile (Big Room Planning) framework for all our software development, and we believe in ‘fail-fast-fail-early’ to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
Our Swedish HQ is in central Stockholm and we have a satellite office in Norrköping, while our global teams are also based in London, Boston and Brisbane. Our agility and refreshingly novel approaches mean we have already developed into a force to be reckoned with in the rail tech market, but we have ambitions for so much more!
SilverRail is now seeking a Technical Product Manager to work with the Product Management department at the Stockholm office. As a key member of our Product team, you will understand both the business and technical side of SilverRail’s systems, standards, business flows and use cases to help plan and scope SilverRail’s future product development. You will collaborate across portfolio management, business development and account management to build the best product offering. You will work closely with the commercial team and customers to discover the best solution for the customer needs, and you will also support Engineering and Product to get the right features released to the market. We have a renewed focus on distribution of rail where integration to relevant providers will be a key for our successes.
- Be a subject matter expert on integration in relation to Distribution/e-commerce of Rail
- To understand SilverRail’s technology at a deep level and interface with the Product and Development teams
- Help define SilverRail’s offering and product strategy and roadmap
- Analyse and provide insights about systems, trends and dynamics in the rail travel arena.
- Identify market opportunities for innovation and product enhancements, as well as threats and complexities in the competitive landscape.
- Engage with customers and industry representatives to understand customer needs and be abreast of industry changes affecting the products.
- Assist with pre-sales and business development initiatives.
- Represent the customer/user towards the team and interact with stakeholders.
- Work with the commercial team to build relationships with potential customers and with partners and support the commercial team in sales processes
- Create comprehensive product documents such as requirements documents, functional specifications, use cases, process flows and sequence diagrams
- Support Product owners in management of the product backlog – helping guide great prioritisation decisions and organising work for scrum teams that achieves effective, efficient, and timely outcomes
Qualifications & experience
- At least 5+ years’ experience in software development and/or technical analysis in a product-oriented company as a developer, analyst or product manager
- Competency in English and Swedish, both spoken and written
- Experience writing useable, effective product requirements for API driven middleware applications build in an agile development environment
- Previous experience working with system integrations using RESTful and/or SOAP APIs
- Ability to serve as a liaison between development team and internal and external business teams
- Communicates clearly and effectively within immediate team, as well as wider team
- Promotes a positive work environment
- Maintains focus on efficiency and high productivity, addressing any conflicts and obstacles that may impact completion
- Are passionate about building great products
- Thrive on working independently as well as part of a wider, global tech team
- Pride yourself on possessing excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Take responsibility and hold yourself accountable for product quality
- The thought of disrupting an industry excites you
- We are very centrally located in Stockholm - from your desk you can get to T-centralen or Stockholm City in minutes.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- We have a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing and group development across our global offices.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up that is revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.