A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
It’s a key topic at the moment, we have addressed this by implementing a “Remote-First” policy. What this ultimately means is you have the choice as to whether you Work Fully Remotely as long as you're UK or Netherlands based, or visit the lush offices in London, Cardiff or Amsterdam; it’s up to you!
- Sustainably engineer the best cross-border Fintech platform in the world utilising AWS and cloud native technologies
- Provide leadership for the infrastructure engineering function, developing and growing the organisation to deliver a highly available (>99.999%), resilient, secure and automated platform across multiple AWS regions globally
- Lead and continuously improve 3+ teams of Infrastructure Engineers
- As a member of the Technology Leadership team assist in the development and execution of the broader Currencycloud technology strategy
What you'll get to do?
- Develop an Infrastructure vision and strategy to scale the platform from a single active-passive region setup to support multi-regions across the globe
- Provide mentoring, coaching and support to other members of the Team and guidance to our colleagues in other parts of our technology organisation
- Work with senior members of your team to outline the design principles of the core infrastructure used and upon which our industry leading payment platform runs
- Champion best engineering practices, be the solution-oriented voice showing where to invest engineering effort where it can create the most positive impact
- Identify initiatives to continuously improve the platform and Currencycloud services.
- Examples of such initiatives include:
- Note, we rely heavily on the following tools and technologies: AWS and its suite of products around compute, networking and storage for the vast majority of our infrastructure; Kubernetes (EKS) to schedule and run our services; Datadog to monitor our applications and infrastructure; Istio for our Service Mesh; Terraform for our infrastructure as code; Jenkins for our CI/CD pipelines
- AWS Well Architected Reviews on a periodic basis
- AWS cost management and optimisation
- Operational excellence improvements to monitoring, alerting and Mean Time To Resolve (MTTR)
- Driving forward Fault Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) techniques to design a more resilient platform
- Utilise Chaos Engineering practices to ensure reliability, resilience and recoverability in our infrastructure
- Leadership of a infrastructure engineering (or equivalent) department made of multiple teams
- Experience managing other managers, and therefore multiple teams
- Experience building and running an infrastructure department responsible for running large scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of AWS and associated native services
- Expertise in container native principals around Kubernetes (EKS)
- Designed software and/or platforms used by other developers, and have supported those developers with the adoption of your solutions
- Experience running infrastructure within a DevOps organisation – delivering and operating a DevOps tool chain and automation are preferable
- Demonstrable experience of developing CI/CD pipelines and supporting technologies
What skills do you need?
- Management, coaching and mentoring of technical team members and managers
- Ability to work technically with AWS, EKS and other key components of our technical stack
- A proven ability to influence stakeholders both within the technology organisation and in other functional areas
- The ability to dive into technical details with engineers, but also to distill technical concepts into lay language for executives and non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate equally effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and influence executives
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs