3-4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
We are looking for a highly numerate person who is excited to solve business problems by working with big data, interpreting numbers, and consulting with channel leads on translating insights into real actions and solutions based on commercial objectives. This role is for someone who is self-driven, independent, and wants to drive significant impact across millions of pounds in marketing spend.
You will have the opportunity to embrace working in a fast paced environment leading a team and being involved in scoping its vision. You will be a thought leader in how we leverage analytical techniques and new technologies to solve complex problems. You will gain in-depth knowledge of digital marketing channels and drive value in these channels using data.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ownership of business-critical analytical projects that involve analysing complex marketing datasets in order to produce insights and models that drive strategic decisions
- Collaborate with key business partners to identify key questions and manage expectations
- Work closely with the team and business partners to scope, design, develop, and implementa variety of analytical projects, including:
- ○ Profound performance marketing channel analysis to drive strategic decisions
- ○ Finding innovative ways to understand the true value of channel performance and
- driving capital allocation decisions
- ○ Championing test and learn
- ○ Quantifying and challenging hypotheses and assumptions
- ○ Reporting and understanding drivers of business performance
- Lead, manage and possibly grow an existing team of analysts and ensure each individuals success and development, this includes
- ○ Ensuring quality output that tells a story from the data i.e. driving the whys and so what's from the analysis and suitable business recommendations
- ○ Ensuring robust statistical and data methods are used to build analyses across the team including checking that code and calculations are correct
- ○ Balancing the level of complexity in analysis vs. time to deliver and make impact
- ○ Improving efficiencies and automate analysis to ensure focus is on new value-add analysis
- ○ Demonstrating and communicating the value of this team to the business including OKR's
- ○ Implementing, automating and evolving processes to ensure efficient ways of working to maximise output from the team
- Proactively identify opportunities and gaps, turn them into implementable solutions and build business cases as needed to take these initiatives forward
- Work with and be supported by Product Managers in defining roadmaps, and be accountable for technical feasibility analysis, estimations and implementations
- Challenge your team and business partners in meetings to encourage healthy debate and stimulating discussions
- Continuously learn and raise the bar for quality and rigour of work across the team and Analytics community
WHO YOU ARE
- Proven analytics experience in lifetime value, attribution, experimentation, channel analysis, cohort analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods including data mining, predictive modelling, web analytics, and reporting technologies.
- Commercially minded with the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements, and then storytell the data and insights back to the business with whys and so-whats
- You have proven analytics work experience with knowledge of digital marketing
- You have managed/mentored others
- Highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- A flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, such that you are able to present complex solutions clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong stakeholder management skills
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field
- You have working ability with SQL & Excel
- Knowledge of Python, R, or similar preferred
As a Marketing Analytics Manager, you will be leading high profile projects with a high performing team that allows you to directly impact company objectives and growth. You will be setting the direction partnering with stakeholders, continuously raising the bar on what good looks like for both the business and the Analytics job family.