Core hours 11 - 3
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual, augmented and mixed reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A which has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise ever
As a Senior Technical Artist / Graphics Programmer you'll help us continue to improve and expand the graphical capabilities of Unity. As a Graphic Programmer, you will be responsible for working with the Technical Art Director to execute the projects vision.
You are highly motivated and approachable, with a strong desire to push the boundaries of technology. You will be responsible for the implementation of cutting edge rendering techniques.
What you'll do 👀
- Push the visual quality for next generation fitness apps and raise the quality bar on existing products to the next level
- Push the hardware limits to its maximum, making efficient rendering techniques and optimizations
- Help deliver prototypes and R&D to validate Unity technology and squeeze any ms on devices
- Making tools to help on artist content optimizations
- Help define the technical specs and constraints for content production
You should apply if you have ✅
- Knowledge of real-time rendering advances and efficient implementation
- Exceptional in implementing rendering solutions, shaders and visual effects
- Strong C#/C++ and software architecture skills
- Solid maths skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a timely manner
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting
- Good communication and see the value in feedback and collaboration
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave