3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 20 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 170 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Senior Quality Engineer.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Senior Quality Engineer
We are now looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our cross-functional Product Development teams, working closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and various stakeholders across all Unmind departments.
As one of the first QE's at Unmind, you will be responsible for helping define our test culture and building a strategy which integrates quality assurance throughout our development lifecycles. We are seeking candidates who aspire to:
Build: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and put into place good quality practices & processes. To do this well you will propose and leverage different practices, suited to the team's goals, such as test automation, exploratory testing and pairing with developers.
Drive: Define, collect and leverage quality metrics to enable evidence-driven quality strategies.
Mentor: Leverage past experience and expertise to mentor- and guide anyone within your cross-functional team on best practices when it comes to testing and quality practises.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for.
However, a range of experiences in the following practices or technologies is important for the role:
- Experience with testing across the whole platform of a product, such as Web, Mobile, API and AWS hosted services.
- Experience with designing test strategies to support day-to-day development and deal with risks that may arise from this.
- Some experience with the continuous development of overall test strategies and prioritising high-value practices ahead of smaller wins.
- Some experience testing non-functional requirements such as load-, performance or concurrency testing.
- Interest in usability, accessibility and generally making applications more inclusive.
- Interest in Agile, Lean and continuous delivery principles
- You will share our passion for mental health and have a hunger to help make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health, improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Autonomous attitude (you do not require (or like) micro-management).
- Keen to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace