3-4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. With an open-plan space, ideal for collaborative working, an outdoor terrace for a team lunch, or a dedicated studio for a yoga class.
Reporting to the Chinese Content Lead, you will join a progressive and innovative Content team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our team do. You'll focus on creating, editing and trans-localising 'revolutionary' content, including product description, emails, marketing copy, UX copy, whilst maintaining a strong commercial tone and Farfetch's distinct tone of voice. You will work with a dedicated Chinese content team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality content.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create or post-edit machine translated product descriptions for Simplified Chinese customers
- Support with maintaining high-quality translation memories
- Transcreate various Simplified Chinese creative copy, including editorials, emails, promotions, and other marketing content
- Be a quality guardian for our Simplified Chinese tone of voice and an expert on fashion brands and categories
- Establish routines and standards with the team, including reporting, feedback and other quality checks.
WHO YOU ARE
- Native proficiency in Simplified Chinese
- Fluency in English
- Degree in Chinese, Applied Linguistics, Translation
- Experience working with an in-house CMS (Content Management System) CAT (computer-aided-translation) tools
- Experience doing large volumes of translations in the fashion field
- Experience managing language specific style guides and glossaries
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Reporting to the Chinese Content Lead, you will join a progressive and innovative Content team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our team do