A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
From our monolithic datacenter beginnings, we’ve moved wholesale to AWS where our system runs as a set of distributed applications. We’re currently in the process of migrating those applications over to Kubernetes, and building new ones, as we further embrace a microservices architecture.
Currencycloud's software development teams independently build and deliver microservices to production, but they don’t do it alone. Our Developer Experience team provides our developers with a frictionless and straightforward path to reliable production operations. Deployment of their services must be highly automated, and future changes can be applied to services in a highly repeatable and sustainable way.
For the Developer Experience team, Currencycloud’s developers are our main customers. As such an important part of our role is to provide guidance and support around how they can best leverage the platform to meet Currencycloud’s demands.
We’re looking for someone who can help us think about our systems, their edge cases, failure modes, and life-cycles.
- Support teams in their CI/CD process and encourage best practices
- Design, build and maintain solutions that enable our development community to self-serve the infrastructure and capabilities they need to build secure, scalable and reliable services and allow them to deliver them safely to production
- Contribute towards improvement initiatives - examples of such projects recently include:
- Reviewing and testing various CI/CD tooling to improve stabilityImplementing fully automated pipelines for the services we run as well as supplying the tools to execute various test types autonomously
- Migrating services from EC2 to EKS
- Multiple ongoing initiatives to improve platform performance and stability in light of the changing demands of our customers
- Build a great developer experience for people using the infrastructure and platform you operate and maintain
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Kubernetes (EKS) to schedule and run our services
- AWS and its suite of products around compute, networking and storage for the vast majority of our infrastructure
- Datadog to monitor our applications and infrastructure
- Istio for our Service Mesh
- Terraform for our infrastructure as code
- Pact for our contract testing
- Ideally you'll be comfortable coding and scripting with a variety of languages (we don't mind which languages you prefer)
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs