1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
What do we do?
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
We’re scaling rapidly in the US and we’re looking for an experienced People Partner to support our US commercial teams. You will demonstrate a true passion for the teams you support and be a dynamic influencer, developing & delivering innovative people initiatives, driving organizational effectiveness and providing guidance about scaling effective teams in a digital first world. This role will be based in or easily traveling distance to NYC and report into the Head of People, based in the UK, working closely with our Regional VP, Americas also in New York. With our Talent team you will help build an inclusive, high performing environment for our Paddlers. This is a true generalist role with a strong purpose in building upon our employee centric culture as we expand our teams across the globe.
What you'll do:
- Act as a trusted ‘go to’ partner for your area, providing smooth operational support and smart, strategic business advice
- Coach and support your managers on a wide range of people related issues and projects
- Welcome & onboard our Paddlers as we scale and ensure they are set up for success
- Own the continuous improvement of the employee lifecycle for your business area
- Manage and resolve any employee relations issues
- Partner with our Talent team in growing the teams, supporting the managers in onboarding & workforce planning
- Identify the improvement needed in our offering when employing a remote workforce
- Own and support the team in our health insurance offering and open enrollment process (currently through TriNet)
- Implement and improve local benefits and payroll providers where needed to ensure a smooth onboarding experience for our remote workforce
- Use our employee engagement tool, Peakon, to work with your managers in creating an inclusive, high performing environment. Identify where we need to take action
- Support our People Operations team with day to day, generalist queries (payroll queries, onboarding contract management, employee relations, benefits etc)
- Key projects include, implementing career development frameworks, refreshing our performance management approach, taking forward our DE&I strategy and organizational design.
- Be the cultural ambassador for our Paddle values. Ensuring that our US hub carries through our employee centric vibe.
- Provide basic office support for the US hub, helping to manage the move to our new office opening in Spring 22.
- Alongside the Talent Partner (US), support the Regional VP, Americas with any people or candidate related items.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are a self-starter with entrepreneurial flair. Staying relevant with the world of HR trends and excited to implement practices that add value and make a difference
- Have a specialism in or passion for project delivery, engagement, technology, people metrics or continual process improvement
- Have experience using a suite of HR systems (we use HiBob, Peakon and Greenhouse. Experience of those would be a strong advantage), optimizing for efficiency and integration to decrease manual re-work, ideally in a startup/scale up environment
- Have superb generalist knowledge and practice of current employment legislation.
- Can work in a team but also independently, handling conflict resolution and time management while focusing on problem solving
- Have a strong sense of self awareness combined with a customer focus driven attitude. We’re a collaborative team that support each other.
- You have the ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re an excellent communicator in English. Other native languages would be a plus!
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 220 people and growing! We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with Impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, 401k plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform, generous L&D budget and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialized tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.