A little flex time
At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the leading-edge architecture and technology used in today’s data-intensive, highly scalable software systems, with distributed graph data on a massive scale, but you want the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are a small distributed team working on making the advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all application developers around the world. Our hard work is paying off, with adoption and implementation of Prisma by some of the most successful and interesting companies out there today, and the fun is just beginning!
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 40,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
You will be a member of the team responsible for the control plane of the Prisma Data Platform (https://cloud.prisma.io). This is the management layer that handles user accounts, project creation and configuration, billing and payment, and the features that visualize project data and platform usage.
Below are some of the things you could expect to do as part of the Prisma team:
- Build a usable, accessible, and great looking web application serving the users of the Prisma Data Platform. Ensuring high quality with your attention to visual and interaction details.
- Collaborate with other front end focused engineers and the team’s product designer adding your design, UX, and engineering expertise.
- Maintain and improve Prisma’s design system and React component library as well as our GraphQL API schema.
- Produce well-tested, type safe, and documented code that is easy to understand and contribute to.
- Ensure a low latency experience using caching, persisted queries, and pagination.
What technologies will you work with?
At Prisma, our primary programming languages are TypeScript and Rust. This role is focused on TypeScript where you will encounter the following:
- Playwright, Cypress, Jest
- GraphQL, Relay
- CSS Modules, Styled Components, Tailwind
We believe the right candidate for this position will meet quite a few of the criteria below. If you don't fit the description perfectly, we'd still love to hear from you. We expect you to learn some of these on the job:
- 4+ Years experience as a Software Engineer with a focus on front end web development.
- Fluent in TypeScript.
- Experience with React and knowledge of the React ecosystem and frameworks.
- Comfortable integrating with sophisticated APIs and understand the network layer to optimize page loads.
- Advocate for code quality, type safety, continuous delivery, and automated testing.
- Passion, curiosity, and knowledge of design and UX.
- You have a product mindset or have built SaaS products in the past.
- You can communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing.
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others.
- You seek feedback early and often and are not afraid to ask for help.
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a young startup, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest growing open-source tools. You will form part of the very beginnings of our journey into a commercial offering.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants.
- 24 Days paid vacation per year.
- 4 Days paid Mental Health Days per year.
- 6 Weeks fully paid Sabbatical Leave after 3 years.
- 20 Weeks fully paid Parental Leave.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
- Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic Chair subsidy
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
To ensure effective collaboration we can currently only accept candidates within the timezone GMT -5 to GMT +3.
Note on COVID-19: The above opportunity to move to Berlin is temporarily suspended until we believe that travel is safe again.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with the Talent Acquisition Team
- Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview with members of the team that you will be joining
- Take Home Test including a debrief session.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), writing samples, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.