1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Are you an experienced finance assistant, or at the beginning of your career but with a great head for bookkeeping and accounting principles? We are looking for a Finance Assistant, who can join our growing Operations Team and support our Head of Finance to create a value adding and efficient finance function to support Impression.
This role will have touch points with most aspects of the finance function, so will be a great stepping stone for someone looking to further their knowledge and career within finance or a stable role for someone looking for a supporting position to get experience and exposure to all basic elements of finance.
Impression is a multi-award winning, high growth digital marketing agency based in Nottingham and London. We deliver paid media, SEO, digital PR, CRO and analytics strategies for exciting and ambitious multi-national brands.
Our growing team of experts have been recognised globally in the form of awards for our quality of service and delivery of outstanding results. For the second year in a row, we have been crowned Biddable Team of the Year at the 2021 Drum Awards for Search and we have recently won Best Use of Search B2C at the 2021 European Search Awards. Last year, we picked up the award for Best Large PPC Agency in Europe.
We’ve always made it a priority to make sure that Impression is a great place to work. And so far, so good – we’re really proud of the workplace and the culture we’ve created. We work hard, we learn a lot, and we have fun doing it.
As our agency continues to grow, we are looking for an enthusiastic Finance Assistant to grow with us and become a part of our journey.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Head of Finance – and the organisation as a whole. Key Responsibilities include owning some of the key processes within finance and supporting making the function a truly effective and contributing department.
- Daily bank reconciliations and owning any subsequent queries and or nominal postings
- Owning the Purchase Ledger process from handling invoices through to the payment cycle
- Process payroll and manage the full flow of data (with full training support if required)
- Supporting the Head of Finance with the Sales Ledger cycle. Including creation of invoices and the debt chase process
- Be a super user of the Xero finance system
- Closely monitor the accounts inbox and escalate any queries as necessary
- Balance sheet reconciliations to trial balance level with journal posting of prepayments / accruals and transfers where appropriate
- Assisting with the day to day operations of the Finance functions and duties
- Support Finance value adding projects and initiatives where required
- Support making Impression a great place to work
- Must have at least 2 years within a similar role. AAT / other recognised finance qualifications are preferable.
- An understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Strong computer literacy and IT skills; including Basic Excel skills, formulas, summarising and presenting data
- Exhibits a high level of attention to detail, strong levels of numeracy coupled with an ability to articulate themselves
- Confident to be self sufficient and self motivated but able to work cohesively with a team
- Flexible and versatile and copes well under a level of pressure
Diversity, equality and inclusion
We're listening and we're learning.
We’re committed to embracing diversity and promoting equal opportunities, both within our teams and through the services we provide. But we know we still have work to do. Improving fairness – in our agency and our industry – is something we’re passionate about, and we’re committed to having the conversations, making the changes and helping other businesses to do the same.
We pledge to promote equal opportunities and, as per the Equality Act 2010, will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of: gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, caring responsibilities or beliefs. We’ll also make every effort to represent different genders, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds and sexualities at the events, panels and discussions we run.
- Salary DOE
- Company pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to leading Employee Assistance Programmes
- Enhanced sick pay
- A carbon negative company, including personal carbon offset
- Regular internal “lunch and learn” sessions
- Training budget for internal and external training and conferences
- Generous holiday allowance
- Opportunity to work on a variety of client accounts
- Apple equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Tea, coffee, fruit and a full drinks fridge in the office
- Ping pong and foosball
- Office dogs
- Organised work socials
- Discounted cinema tickets & gym membership
- Full ongoing training is provided
- Hybrid working is an option for most roles, dependent on business needs