1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
As our first Senior Marketing Manager at Prolific, you'll be the first person building the marketing team, processes and strategies to ensure we can build on some of the strong word of mouth growth we have already seen amongst academics.
We are at a nascent stage in our marketing efforts, with over half of our signups coming from word of mouth which drove >3x growth in 2020 and ~ 1.6x growth in 2021 - we finished 2021 at ~£7M in revenue. We’re also starting to experiment with various channels around a content strategy in Q1, given the nature of our product.
You will initially manage an existing team consisting of a product marketer and community manager; as well as hiring out a team for our content marketing efforts from H2 2022, with the vision to progress into a Head of Marketing position.
What you'll be doing
- Owning the vision and execution for our marketing and community efforts; you’ll oversee all activities and channels used to drive our distribution strategy
- Proactively managing a content portfolio - across various channels - to drive signups; across a variety of topics, from researcher education to insights/content generated on Prolific
- Driving continued engagement from our users across different stages of their lifecycle, keeping them active after first sign up with proactive comms/activities, especially with our researcher community
- Working x-functionally with our growth, sales and product teams to ensure we “build what we sell” and “sell what we build”
- Initially leading a team of 2 (product marketing manager and community manager) followed by hiring a team to execute our content marketing strategy in H2
You should apply if you
- Have leadership/management experience within a marketing team; bonus points (but not a prerequisite) if this has been focused on content /community
- Experienced in evolving compelling brands based on user needs/problems
-Are a good story teller and well structured communicator, with an ability to easily explain Prolific’s product offering to a wide variety of audiences
- Are metrics-driven: you'll need to know your KPIs — certainly channel efficiency and top of the funnel metrics/conversion
- Are a team player: you'll need to be able to work cross-functionally
- Humility, rigour, optimism, and a desire to learn and grow fast!
- Are comfortable in a fast paced, early-stage startup environment: This will require you to build up a team and the relevant processes, so we are looking for a self-starter
Even better if you have
- Experienced in a variety of online (SEO, Social media, etc.) and offline (events, community building, etc.) acquisition channels
- An interest in Behavioural Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research spaceExperience of working and managing a team remotely
- Experience working with researchers or Academics
At Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. We started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioural research.
We were in Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, over £4M revenue in 2020 all driven by word-of-mouth, we're default alive, and we have very ambitious plans. Who wouldn't want to be part of this!