1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Having a new house is great. Getting a new house isn’t. It's a big life moment and can be complicated and scary for all of us.
That's why we’re on a mission to remove risk so people can move fearlessly. We use tech, design and data to make dealing with clients secure and friction-free for lawyers and professional services across the property sector.
Since our co-founders, Jack and Olly, founded Thirdfort in 2017, we’ve grown from a single London office to an amazing, international team of over 90 with team members also in Manchester and Sri Lanka. We are backed by big-hitting investors, including Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla and Cazoo), leading law firm Mishcon de Reya and HM Land Registry. We already work with over 550 property and legal businesses to help streamline their processes and keep security top of mind, and we're growing. We're serious and we're ambitious. Come join us.
We’re looking for someone to join us as the second member of our Data Science team! The role will report into our Data Scientist and will involve working with both the tech and business functions to build a solid data pipeline that increases visibility and allows stakeholders to make informed, data-driven decisions.
We have various data sources: our own platform, sales and marketing tools, customer support software etc. You will work to allow data from all of these sources to be accessible to the rest of the company through BI software, which will directly influence the company’s direction and product roadmap.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Develop and scale ELT pipelines for a growing data team
- Develop our BI tool (Looker), using LookML
- Work with all departments, with a focus on democratizing data for all
- Work with engineers to make sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights from our app and tools
- Measure business performance, develop core metrics and create dashboards to track and understand them
- Establish testing practices and design experiments
- Thrive in a start-up environment and be keen to solve data problems with the appropriate solution to have impact
- Communicate stories with data to a variety of stakeholders
You might be right for this role if you:
- Have strong experience wrangling data with SQL
- Are proficient in Python and it’s packages (Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib etc)
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Are able to communicate complex analyses to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Are driven to continuously learn new skills and technologies
- Have a good understanding of data visualisation best practices
Further desirable skills include:
- Experience with DBT, Fivetran and/or Looker
- Experience using Git for version control
- Experience with BigQuery
Life at Thirdfort
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.