A little flex time
At Capdesk, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people.
We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
2021 was eventful – we raised £8m and launched in multiple new European markets – but we’ve set our sights even higher for 2022 and we’re counting on every new joiner to help us get there. We’re staying as lean as possible, so every hire matters.
Capdesk is a remote-friendly startup with a team-first mentality. We have amazing people all over the world but many employees are based in Copenhagen or London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices. Applicants are welcome from every time zone within UTC -5 and +2.
About the role
Content at Capdesk is on the rise. We’ve built a robust content function in the last 18 months, and now we’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to supercharge our efforts in 2022 and beyond. Content is how we build brand awareness, connect with existing users and reach new audiences. From virtual events and online workshops to emails and blog posts, our diverse content offering always puts the customer first.
We’ve got an ambitious content strategy for Capdesk and you’ll play a vital role in bringing it to life. You’ll work closely with our in-house community, brand and creative experts to deliver on content plans while also bringing your own ideas to the table. This is a hands-on editorial role – you’ll spend at least three-quarters of your time putting pen to paper – so it’s essential you’re both talented and passionate when it comes to copywriting and editing.
You’ll report to our Content Lead Scarlett, who has the hands-on experience and hard-won expertise to help you develop as a content marketing professional. In this varied role you’ll have the chance to strengthen your marketing and editorial skills, and use them to contribute to Capdesk’s long-term content strategy.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Creating content to support all kinds of marketing campaigns, from product launches and virtual events to social media and email pushes
- Turning complex technical information and challenging subjects (no one said equity was straightforward) into authoritative yet digestible content that lands with our expert audience
- Brainstorming and share new ideas for engaging our audience through content
- Becoming an expert on our customers and making sure our content meets their needs
- Collaborating with internal marketing and brand stakeholders on non-editorial content including infographics, videos and virtual events
- Spotting – and acting upon – content opportunities in the market and gaps in our current offering
- Editing marketing content ie. product copy, white papers, web pages
- Editing non-marketing content ie. job descriptions, deck templates
- Acting as a guardian for editorial quality across the business, ensuring internal guidelines are up-to-date and helping your fellow Capdeskers write great content, whatever their role
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Hands-on experience – you have spent at least two years in a relevant copywriting or content marketing position
- Strong writing skills – you are a talented writer, able to distil complex themes into punchy, engaging copy
- Attention to detail – you are an experienced editor and proofreader with complete knowledge of British English spelling and grammar
- Experience in a fast-growth startup – you know what it takes to steer a company through rapid growth and recognise your role in making it happen
- An interest in all things equity – you are passionate about what we do at Capdesk and are excited to become a subject-matter expert in your own right
- Content portfolio – you can share past examples of your content marketing work
- Industry expertise – you’ve created B2B, fintech, SaaS or equity management content before
- Commercial mindset – you’ve worked closely with sales teams before and know how to leverage your activities for commercial impact
- A knack for scale – you’re uncomfortable with inefficiency, always looking for ways to scale your output without compromising the quality of your work
Bonus points for:
- Multimedia content – you’ve worked on multimedia projects, producing content such as animations, infographics, video and virtual events
Working at Capdesk
You’ll be part of the Marketing team, reporting to our Content Lead Scarlett. You’ll work alongside half a dozen marketers, each with their own specialism but all united by Capdesk’s mission. We’re a progressive bunch who love experimentation and get fired up at the idea of building a unicorn.
📽 Watch Scarlett explain what we're looking for in a three-minute video.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary – circa £40,000 depending on your location and experience
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Mental health and wellbeing support including access to therapists
- Enhanced parental, adoption and miscarriage leave
- Your own Pleo company card, and no more expenses hassle
- Semi-annual company trips and quarterly virtual kick-offs
- Onboarding budget of £2,500 to spend on equipment so you can work to the best of your abilities
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- We're one of AngelList’s startups to work for in 2022
- We're on Otta's 2021 Rocket List: London's fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.