1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
*Please note you are required to have EU working permit to be considered for this role.*
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air travel, and it cuts down on the carbon emitting congestion of road travel. With the current climate crisis it’s more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. For every travel company having rail as a booking option is like having vegan choices on the menu – it’s a must! The trouble is, there’s been nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience… until now.
We are SilverRail, a global tech company working to solve this problem by delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets, making it easy for people to choose rail and cut their carbon emissions.
In Sweden we provide complete technology solutions for the nation’s biggest rail carrier SJ, and our team are focussed on providing the best continuing service for this client while moving forward to future projects. We are using the Agile (Big Room Planning) framework for all our software development, and we believe in ‘fail-fast-fail-early’ to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
Our Swedish HQ is in central Stockholm and we have a satellite office in Norrköping, while our global teams are also based in London, Boston and Brisbane. Our agility and refreshingly novel approaches mean we have already developed into a force to be reckoned with in the rail tech market, but we have ambitions for so much more!
SilverRail is now seeking Product Owners to work with the Product Management department at the Stockholm office. The Product Owners will be the link between Product Management and the development team, and must thoroughly understand the customer needs and how the product will satisfy those needs
The Product Owner prepare for development work by prioritizing the developers work so that right customer value gets delivered in right time to fit customer needs. Product owner also have one prioritized list of new development, incidents and problems.
- Support the Product Manager in creating a product backlog in alignment with the product vision, company goals and expected customer value.
- Joint responsibility together with Product Manager and Development Team Lead to ensure good quality of product development process, flag potential risks and pro-actively contribute to future development of product.
- Convey the vision, goals and expected customer value to the team
- Owning and prioritizing the product backlog and support the planning of the product development together with Product Manager
- Ensure product requirements are “team ready” and create user stories in collaboration with the team.
- Be available to the team to explain requirements, scope and priorities as well as participate in relevant team meetings.
- Create acceptance test criteria's and accept and evaluate the team's delivery
- Represent the customer/user towards the team and interact with stakeholders.
Competence and Skills
- You have a collaborative mindset and are a strong relationship builder. You understand the customer needs and the customer value. We also think that you have a basic knowledge of how software is developed and deployed and over all a solid understanding of the product ownership area.
- As a person you are positive, structured and pragmatic and brings energy and drive to the teams you work with. You focus on solving instead of discussing problems. “A doer personality” with good communications skills.
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written (in English and Swedish)
- We are very centrally located in Stockholm - from your desk you can get to T-centralen or Stockholm City in minutes.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- We have a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing and group development across our global offices.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up that is revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.
*We are a neurodiverse employer and are working hard to improve our recruitment processes, so if there is any way that we can make the recruitment experience better for you then please email us directly: email@example.com - all information will be treated as strictly confidential*