1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
At Elvie, we don’t believe women's bodies are the problem. Instead, we believe the problem is that the needs of women’s bodies – and therefore, lives – have been ignored, misunderstood, and underestimated.
Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, Elvie has been improving women's lives through better – and smarter – technology ever since. We develop innovations that meet the unique needs and complexities of the female body so that women can take charge of their health across every life stage.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is a multi-award-winning device bringing hospital-grade pelvic floor care to the hands of women everywhere— it was even a gift in the Oscar Nominee Goody Bags! And now, we're proud to say that we're part of the NHS Supply Chain in the UK.
Our second innovation was Elvie Pump. Launched in 2019, it's the world's first silent, wearable breast pump, enabling women to pump wherever they please— even the catwalk at London Fashion Week. It’s since won numerous awards, including the Times 100 Best Inventions of 2019 and ‘Wearable Design of the Year’ at the Dezeen Awards. The initial success of our wellness tools gave us the means to expand our breastfeeding range to include Elvie Curve and Elvie Catch, both designed to give mothers total comfort and confidence.
As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including the prestigious Red Dot Design award). We’re ranked as one of the 15 startups ‘To Watch’ by The Sunday Times and Business Insider and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by Syndicate Room. Our founder and CEO, Tania Boler, is regularly profiled in top-tier media titles, and, in 2021, Tania was named GLAMOUR’s Women of the Year: Technology Gamechanger.
In July 2021, Elvie announced an $80 million Series C funding, the number one position and biggest raise in an initial fundraising round in the femtech category.
What does it mean to work at Elvie?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
What you’ll be doing
While we know UX and UI are not the same roles, we believe there is a shared mindset, as well as shared skills and methods. So, if you already practise either UX or UI, and are able demonstrate your hybrid expertise in another discipline, then this job is for you. We are looking for someone whose experience goes beyond interfaces and can show holistic thinking is part of their design portfolio.
We build great products that are both physical and digital. Day to day, you’ll be part of the product teams designing and developing the website, working end to end, from research and concept to delivery. We put the user at the centre of our design process: you’ll be working closely with a product (ux/ui) designer, software engineers, digital project manager, web content editor and web producer to make sure we design product experiences worthy of the Elvie brand.
We believe that compelling and intuitive UI design for products is done best by designers that understand user experience. Creating an experience that makes sense to the user and visually communicating that experience are very interdependent. Sometimes it's the small interactions that bring the magic and those happen at the crossroads of UI and UX.
We are looking for a product designer that can demonstrate a good knowledge of UX design on our ecommerce retail website.
- Reporting to the Head of Digital Product Design and working alongside the current web development team, you will primarily be responsible for creating and updating the user experience for web content - including page design, layout and optimising the purchase journey.
- Analyse customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create cohesive, best-in-class experiences for our customers
- Create frameworks, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, detailed visual mockups, and prototypes to communicate high-level design concepts to different stakeholders
- Collaborating with design, creative and software team to ensure the solution can meet the user needs and business objectives.
- Excel in communication skills and have the ability to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions and influence key stakeholders
- Ensure designs work across all browsers on all devices, championing a mobile first methodology.
- You have at least 4 years of commercial experience as a user experience designer, with experience in eCommerce and purchase journey related products.
- You understand users and love crafting engaging experiences
- Your portfolio demonstrates you are able to work from research, conceptualisation, design to delivery
- You have experience on eCommerce product design, enjoy designing features to help customers to understand the product to optimise the purchase journey
- You are comfortable in using data tools like Google Analytics to inform your design decisions
- You understand user centered design and know how to demonstrate its value
- You recognise the immense benefit of testing with users and proofing your ideas against reality
- You enjoy problem-solving and possess the ability to translate business problems into creative and compelling experiences at both the feature and service levels
- You understand how to tailor designs for different audiences using color, typography and layout whilst maintaining brand consistency.
- The idea of working within a successful, high growth startup in a fast-paced role excites you
Other skills and experience you might have
- Experience of Figma
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Experience of design sprints and/or working in Agile environment
- Experience of Design systems
- A degree in a creative, design focused discipline is a plus
Location: London or Bristol, but we are flexible as long as you can come into the office a couple of days a week
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 884 7223.