1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Who we are
We are a team of Engineers building SaaS software used by over 350 of the world's leading brands. We exist to help our customers deliver more powerful experiences using our API-first, headless content management platform. We are very serious about reliability and customers trust us to manage and deliver content at tremendous scale:
- Billions of API requests every day
- >400 million items of content
- >4 Exabytes of critical data a year
We have a multi-talented Engineering team organized into cross-functional remote-friendly squads, with offices in Middlesbrough and Manchester, and offices in London and the USA for Sales, Marketing and Finance.
As well as working hard we also have a fun and informal company culture. We have a games room, we host hackathons and board game nights. Oh and we take our caffeine consumption really seriously.
We use the right tool for the right job. This means using a variety of languages and frameworks. Our current stack is built with:
- Amazon Web Services with Infrastructure as Code
- Serverless functions, containers and instances
- A mix of NoSQL, SQL and search-index data-stores
- TypeScript, Java, Golang, Python, Ruby
- Write clean, high quality code using practises like TDD, SOLID principles, and pair programming.
- Use Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code techniques to make building, deploying, and managing systems easier, faster, and less error prone.
- Learn, debate, and then apply the latest technology and techniques to solve serious engineering problems.
- Continuously seek to incrementally improve the tools, techniques, processes, and practices you use everyday.
- Help build cloud-native systems in AWS.
- Make sure our systems are reliable and scalable.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
We're looking for someone with commercial experience that has a deep passion for software engineering; someone who is excited to learn and someone who will be a great team player. We would particularly love you to apply if:
- You have experience building highly-available, testable, cloud applications and services.
- You have strong knowledge of Java, Typescript, or other modern languages.
- You have experience mentoring and leading other engineers.
- You are eager to learn, try out new technologies and keen to share what you know.