1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
We’re an award-winning tech business, recently named the Top UK SaaS Company to work for. Our UK HQ is located in Bristol, cited as being one of the fast-growing technology hubs in the country.
Brightpearl is the number one retail operations platform (ROP) for brands and retailers. We manage everything ‘after the buy button’ so that our customers can focus on growing their business. “People First” is one of our core company values, so before we get too into your day to day, here’s a taster of what we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with talented people
- A transparent leadership team
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowances
And that’s not all. Check out our perks and benefits to see what else we offer!
About the Role
Development teams within Brightpearl include a number of SDETs working within the team delivering test automation. The SDET guild brings all the SDETs together, to create a community of best practice. The QA Leader would hold the role of SDET guild leader and is responsible for driving this community of practice forward, guiding and developing both the SDET personnel as well as the processes and practices of software automated testing.
As the guild leader you will be driving the product quality and test automations across all of engineering. Working closely with engineering management and department head to build a quality first culture within engineering. You will be mentoring the SDET and developing training and personal development plans working alongside the engineering management.
- Collaborate with developers and SDETs in reviewing all forms of testing
- Prioritising work that is needed within the SDET guild to implement the guild objectives
- Mentor other SDETs and engineers on automation best practices and support automation backlog efforts.
- Working across team to help drive improve automated testing and remove roadblocks from the SDETs
- Coordinating activities with the Site Reliability Engineering team, the DevOps team and the SDETs to implement performance, scale and security testing.
- Reviewing the design of automated components, performance, and scale testing.
- Drive automation efficiencies and coverage effectiveness using different automation framework tools and techniques.
- Review the development code to build an effective automation suite to cover all technical and business integrations.
- Design real-time automation dashboards to measure build quality and provide feedback to the agile delivery team.
- Take the lead in developing manual, exploratory and automation scripts.
- Ensure that test coverage and execution standards for Unit, Integration, Acceptance, System, Regression, UAT, Security and Performance are met.
- Design, implement, execute and debug test cases and scripts.
- Experienced in managing test automation teams and working across multiple cross-discipline teams
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies incorporating continuous integration and continuous delivery. Implementing test automation within an agile environment, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, gocd, Sonar.
- GoLang, Docker, Kubernetes experience is good to have.
- Proven track record of testing and team leading experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
- Exposure to test frameworks such as Selenium or Appium.
- Participate in design and code inspections.
- You’ll be joining one of the top UK SaaS Companies based in central Bristol - named top city to live in
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a pension matching scheme
- 25 days of annual leave, plus long service awards and volunteering days to give back to the community
- We promote health and well-being through comprehensive medical, dental insurance packages with Vitality, Bupa, and HealthShield and subsidised gym memberships
- We support and promote a healthy work-life balance through flexi-time and hybrid working.
- Opportunity to collaborate and share success through company wide socials and All Hands
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.