3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
About the role
Carwow is scaling quickly and since receiving an additional $55 million funding recently, we are looking to recruit a number of new roles across the business - so we are looking for an extra pair of hands to help us during an exceptionally busy period.
We are looking for someone who can help us hire the absolute best people for our growing team, who prides themselves on delivering a brilliant candidate experience, and has the experience and attitude just to get stuck in!
So why should I choose this role over the gazillion other recruiter roles available out there?
Good question, here are a few reasons that sprung to mind:
- You’ll get to gain some amazing experience in a fast growing, innovative company (and a lovely team to boot!)
- You’ll be able to work in a way that works for you - we’ll consider flexible working patterns for this role. When covid doesn’t dictate how we work, we work very flexibly anyway with 1 day in the office each week, unless you enjoy going in more often
- You’ll get to work on a variety of interesting roles e.g Editorial/Video, Commercial, Business Support and Operations, Analytics
- Even though this role is a short term role, you’ll have loads of opportunity to contribute ideas and improve the way things work
Some of the key responsibilities include::
- Work closely with hiring managers and key stakeholders, managing the recruitment process with a strong focus on direct sourcing
- Delivering a world-class candidate experience at all times and finding ways to wow our candidates (excuse the pun!)
- Keeping our Applicant Tracking System system (Workable) up to date and accurate
- Be happy to roll up your sleeves and support the Head of Talent and wider team with ad hoc work, e.g contribute ideas to our employer branding efforts, helping to research/ resource for tricky roles etc
- Previous inhouse Talent Acquisition experience working with a fast paced, Consumer business is essential so that you can hit the ground running in our busy team. If you’ve worked in startups, or high growth tech businesses - all the better!
- You will have had exposure to recruiting for a wide range of business areas (e.g editorial, data, commercial, finance)
- Previous experience utilising LinkedIn and other platforms to source/shortlist potential candidates across a variety of roles is key with a ‘hunter’ mindset
- You know your way around various ATS platforms - we use Workable at carwow
- A strong knowledge of employment law in relation to recruitment and IR35 legislation
And will be:
- A highly organised, driven individual with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively, with a sense of urgency as part of a team
- A true “people person” who thrives when connecting with people and building strong relationships
- A team player, happy to flex what you do in line with business and team needs with no job too big or too small