3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Want to work for one of the hottest and most exciting car-buying brands, play a key role in one of the world’s biggest auto YouTube channels, and ultimately help hundreds of thousands of consumers buy the right car?
carwow is looking for a Reviews Editor to make a huge impact across our range of platforms.
Our YouTube channel is one of the most watched car channels in the world, with over 6 million subscribers and up to 75 million views a month. Our social media channels enjoy industry-busting levels of reach and engagement. And of course our website reviews have helped millions of consumers buy their next car.
We’re not done yet though – and we need a dynamic reviews editor to work across all these areas, helping us achieve our ambitious targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to put your knowledge of cars into making a real difference for consumers, so if you’re up for the challenge, read on...
As reviews editor, you will be responsible for ensuring carwow gets the cars we need to feature on our website, Youtube channel and social media platforms.
You’ll know what new cars are coming out and foster great relationships with OEM press teams, tuning companies, resellers and owners of interesting cars to make sure we have the best and the most timely cars to review and drag race. You’ll be equally tenacious in securing rivals for these cars too.
You’ll be responsible for each step of the review/drag race production process, from original idea to smooth execution of shoot and publication on the website.
You’ll also be managing the workload of the deputy reviews editor and content writer, ensuring the quality and accuracy of their work is high.
An expert car reviewer, you’ll have spent years testing and assessing new cars and be able to confidently appraise a new model for the general car-buying public. You’ll be able to write compelling jargon-free reviews that are engaging, informative and accessible to everyone. You’ll also have good experience of attending car launches, communicating with manufacturer PR teams and producing sparkling copy to tight deadlines.
You must have the drive and tenaciousness to make sure we have the best, most topical cars to review and drag race. You’ll be a creative thinker, who will find solutions to problems.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a team that has enjoyed explosive growth and is recognised across the industry. We need someone with the ambition and drive to make us grow bigger and faster.
About the team
You’ll be part of the carwow editorial team, reporting into the Head of Editorial. You’ll be part of a four-member reviews desk, working alongside our video editors and writers.
carwow is the most watched car channel YouTube in the world with up to 75 million views a month. It also has more than 6 million subscribers.
Our social media channels enjoy super-high rates of reach and engagement. And the editorial on the website is attracting record numbers of car buyers, is ranking high in Google and knocking established brands off the top spots.
carwow is an energetic scale-up. We celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes. We’re passionate about carwow’s mission and want to be the very best. If your talent and drive matches ours, get in touch.
Let's face it, car buying isn't easy. That's why at carwow, we're leading the mission to make it better, with our vision of helping our customers to be the most informed and empowered car buyers in the world. Since carwow's inception, we've already improved the car buying experience for hundreds of thousands of people, selling cars through our site with a total value of 10.3Bn.
We're a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with a team of circa 250 based in London, Munich and Madrid and are backed by some of Europe's leading VCs & car manufacturer Daimler (Mercedes-Benz).
However, our ambitions don't stop there. This year, we are quickly scaling across many areas of our business with huge plans for the future. So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we'd love you to join us on our journey
- Get the cars we need to shoot - for single car reviews, drag races and head to head comparison reviews - and maximise our time with those cars to get the most value for the business
- Manage the production of reviews, review script packs, drag race voice over scripts, updates to car type pages and check for their accuracy and adherence to house style
- Manage the workflow of deputy reviews editor and content writer
- On drag race shoots, ensure cars are prepped and ready before each race
- Attend product launches/press events
- At least 5 years of experience in a car-reviewing role
- A deep understanding and experience of the car industry
- A methodical organiser - you’ll steer the reviews/drag race function, so it runs as smoothly and as efficiently as possible and ensure resource is allocated to maximise value to the business
- A confident negotiator - you’ll work with OEM press teams, dealers, resellers, and owners of interesting and exotic cars to ensure we have the best cars
- Be able to work under pressure and hit deadlines – while maintaining the highest possible editorial standards
- A good leader - you will be able to motivate and coach less experienced team members to maximise productivity and quality.
- A keen eye for detail - you’ll safeguard the quality/accuracy across all review/drag race related content
- A self-starter - you’ll have the drive and determination not just to meet targets, but to smash them
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
- Financial: Private pension scheme, salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Flexible working: For those that want to, you'll be able to work from home for the majority of the week, with up to 2 days max in the office. You'll be eligible for a 'home office allowance' of up to 500/550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home. We also have a new 'work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it.
- Office: When we are in the office, a dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here).
- Health: Private medical health insurance, subsidised gym membership, free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual)
With people from over 25 different nationalities already part of our team, at carwow we strongly believe a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. We are committed to creating a team where anybody can thrive regardless of their background. Wherever you're from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (you can view them here