3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
carwow’s goal is to help consumers navigate all aspects of the car buying journey, whilst also being the most effective sales and marketing partner to car retailers and OEMs. We have already established ourselves as the go-to advertising platform for new cars in a short space of time; in 2022 we’re now aiming to also become the best place for our dealer partners to acquire stock, by buying cars directly from consumers. Our ‘Sell Your Car’ product has grown rapidly since the acquisition of Wizzle in mid-2021, helping almost 20,000 consumers sell their vehicles directly to our dealer network.
We’re looking for talented Account Managers to join this nearly-formed team during the next phase of our growth. Successful candidates will play a fundamental role in driving platform engagement, client success and partner relations across a portfolio of dealer partners. This will include:
- Growing engagement and spend from your portfolio of clients
- Building strong relationships with clients by demonstrating value and helping them succeed on our platform
- Becoming a credible source of knowledge on vehicle acquisition
- Remaining in regular contact with your clients, predominantly via phone/video calls
- Delivering performance insights and process recommendations to dealer partners
- Onboarding and train dealerships that may have never used the platform before
- Strong communication skills are essential. Relationship building is a key part of this role
- Consultative and creative approach to problem solving
- Autonomous, proactive and goal orientated; you won’t be micromanaged but you will be responsible for your own results
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues is crucial. You will be working closely with our field account management team on a daily basis
- Confident manipulating basic data in excel
- Automotive experience a big plus but not essential
- Degree level qualification preferred but not essential
What's on offer?
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.