3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 300 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.
With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
To achieve carwow’s ambitions we have fostered a culture of data driven innovation and product development. The key role of our Product Analytics function is to enable our teams to deliver innovative products, identify opportunities to improve our products quality and customer experience and drive exponential growth. We collect huge amounts of data from our product, and you will be using your analytical expertise to perform tasks varying from understanding all aspects of the customer journey in our product, to analysing our product testing strategy, to researching product development working closely with product managers.
As a Senior Product Analyst within the Product team you will help drive the development of the product analytics function while also being responsible for liaising with product development teams and senior business leaders to generate and effectively communicate actionable insight. You will have experience of driving product innovation by transforming data into actionable insight and advancing tools, techniques and approaches to help us create a world class Product Analytics function.
This role sits on the crossroads between data and product delivering impactful analysis to the product teams whilst benefiting from the wider expertise of the data team.
carwow is a high growth business and this role is a high growth opportunity. To be successful it requires heaps of energy, an enterprising spirit, self-discipline and the knack to be straight talking yet constructive.
What you will be doing:
- You will work closely with tech leads and product managers, supporting several teams with data analytics
- You will challenge the product manager on the definition of problems, hypotheses and ways to test the hypotheses
- You will define and monitor metrics for existing product areas and tests
- You will analyse user data and behaviour with SQL to derive relevant insights on testing, to identify insights and learnings that Product Managers can’t do on their own
- You will deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information
- You will discover opportunities within the product and communicate these with the relevant product manager
- You will have excellent knowledge and understanding of analytical tools and methodologies.
- You will be eager to learn and develop your own skills while also coaching less experienced members, providing technical support and contributing to the wider data community.
- You will continue to iterate on our bespoke testing stack to drive the analysis of our ever expanding testing functionality
- Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we’d encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match.
- Good verbal and written communication of complex ideas and information
- Capable of translating analysis into business recommendations
- Can structure your time to effectively prioritise requests with competing priorities, comfortable acting in an autonomous nature.
- You have a deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation
- Strong SQL skills and commercial experience
- Strong visualisation (preferably using Tableau), analysis & reporting skills
- Experience within a Product Analytics function, with demonstrable skills in data driven product development.
- Experience developing dashboards and automated reports to understand impacts on business metrics and customer behaviour
- Have a well developed knowledge of Python (preferable) or R
- Experience using web analytics tools, A/B and multivariate testing
- You will have experience using statistical methodologies (causal inference) to drive business outcomes, both through technical delivery and through educating and encouraging stakeholders.
- Hold a strong numerate degree (maths, science degree, or computer science)
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.