3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
About carwowBuying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 300 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
Working hereAt carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person.With a team of over 25 different nationalities, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company.
We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number of key DE&I initiatives underway. So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About our Product OrganisationOur Product Organisation is expanding rapidly. We currently have 9 product squads and we are looking to scale to 15 throughout 2022! This growth will allow the expansion into different products and adjacent markets, which is one of our key strategic pillars for the next 2-3 years.
About the roleWith our ambitious growth plans there is an emerging need to orchestrate Product operations, ensuring that we can scale smoothly ensuring alignment and efficiency. Reporting directly to our Chief Product Officer, you'll play a key role in the Product org collaborating directly with our Product Management and Design functions.
What you will be doing:
- Leading the Product org OKR Planning process, shaping the best practices so teams can be efficient: ensuring speed, alignment and coordination
- Supporting the operational running of the product organisation defining and running processes for setting and managing budgets
- Improving the cross-team tools that we use to plan, measure and communicate Product work: OKRs, planning decks and data sharing
- Manage and help evolve internal team documentation on product and development processes, guidelines, resources and other content (e.g. Product Principles, Discovery and Delivery process, etc.)
- You will find and define the right balance of autonomy of teams
- Define and lead people management processes for Product Managers and Product Design (onboarding, feedback, learning & development, career progression)
- Support recruitment efforts with content for our website, finding relevant conferences, encouraging our contribution in the tech space
- You will shape the Product Ops discipline in carwow, as the connecting tissue between teams.& Des
- Demonstrable experience in product management, product design or operations
- You are a self-driven, proactive problem solver that gets excited by new challenges
- Great project management and operational skills
- You have a high EQ, mobilising people via influence
- Able to take vague situations and shape them into processes and concepts
- You are a critical thinker, data driven and very comfortable with numbers
- You’re willing to get your hands dirty and go the extra mile to make things happen. You thrive in execution mode as much as when you’re strategising
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
CSRWe are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.