3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We're not all petrolheads - just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
At carwow, we aim to create a culture where our team can thrive no matter where or how they work. With hybrid working (1-2 days in the office although more if you like), and a healthy home office budget of £500, we are also open to looking at alternative working patterns to ensure carwowers can work in a way that works best for them.
We’re also a curious bunch and benefit from a number of different training opportunities. We are big on celebrating successes, working collaboratively and have found lots of ways to stay connected as a team both virtually and in person. With a team of over 25 different nationalities at carwow, we know a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company. We have work to do to get us where we’d like to be, but are working hard to get there and have a number DE&I initiatives underway.
So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do, we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of our overall retailer growth strategy. This strategy splits focus and responsibility - with the Head of Sales and Commercial Manager directly responsible for the engagement of targeting larger operators,PLC’s and groups, whilst a our BDM team works with mid and smaller groups and dealers. The Head of sales will actively lead both streams, with key focus and time spent building and developing our relationship with large groups.
Alongside leading the teams, the Head of Sales will work closely with the Commercial Director and Commercial Manager to engage with key contacts at dealer groups in order to understand and present back how carwow can drive value for their business. Ultimately, building and maintaining relationships with exec teams at target groups.
The Head of Sales will work to not only strategise, engage and pitch new partners but will also be the point of contact for providing vital feedback to internal teams on how we can flex and adapt our product and proposition to meet both changing market requirements and the evolving automotive retail landscape.
The ideal candidate will thrive on identifying and acting on opportunity, building long-lasting relationships and be a confident presenter that uses data and insight to bring a story and a vision to life. This is a team effort, successfully managing and motivating our commercial and BDM team as well as working alongside our account management function to gain valuable insight from the wider commercial team and our 1500 retail partners playing a key role in shaping how we approach new partners.
What will the role involve?
- Building and executing a coherent growth strategy, ensuring both our commercial and BDM teams engage with the right contacts at the right time
- Motivating and leading the charge by participating in the pitch process
- Developing and coaching the team to ensure we learn from each others relationships and feedback
- This is a partnership focused role - tasked with developing new relationships at c-suite level with retail partners yet to work with carwow - a considered and strategic outreach approach is key to success
- Creation of bespoke pilots and programmes of work - working with our Partnership Account Director and wider commercial team once onboarded to drive key success metrics at retailer level
- Creation and delivery of beautiful partnership pitch decks
- Using data and insight tools to make your pitches come alive with client-relevant data and information (SQL not necessary, but we need you to know your way around a spreadsheet)
- Ensuring successful delivery of projects by working collaboratively with other teams at carwow and spotting potential problems before they arise
Experience we're looking for
- Automotive industry experience either at an automotive manufacturer, large dealer group or related industry business
- Ability to manage, motivate and facilitate collaboration in a sales team
- Demonstrated ability to operate successful B2B partnerships at scale
- Experience pitching to C-Suite / Senior Management
- An eye for detail and a creative approach to solving challenges faced by large retail groups
- Incredible organisation skills - you’ll be juggling clients who are in different stages and all require different approaches
- Strong data skills with the ability to build a cohesive story for our clients using carwow’s vast data set
What's on offer
- A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
- Home Office budget of £500/€550
- Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
- Private medical health insurance with Vitality
- Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
- Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)
*if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holidays
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
Apply for this job