A little flex time
At Capdesk, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people.
We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
2021 was eventful – we raised £8m and launched in multiple new European markets – but we’ve set our sights even higher for 2022 and we’re counting on every new joiner to help us get there. We’re staying as lean as possible, so every hire matters.
Capdesk is a remote-friendly startup with a team-first mentality. We have amazing people all over the world but many employees are based in Copenhagen or London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices. Applicants are welcome from every time zone within UTC -5 and +2.
About the role
Are you a lifecycle marketing specialist, looking for a new opportunity to join an exciting Fintech startup? As Lifecycle Marketing Manager at Capdesk, and sitting in the growth function of the marketing team, you will help us build the practice and lead efforts on accelerating the marketing pipeline (i.e. convert prospects into sales opportunities. This role works closely with our wider marketing, sales, customer success and product team to help acquire more customers & supporting the efforts of customer revenue expansion.
This is a pivotal role that directly impacts our brand awareness, demand generation and growth - planning activities across the funnel. This role also takes ownership of our email communication to prospects and clients, including rethinking our newsletters, sequences, nurtures and triggers.
We are looking for a marketing expert who can take a holistic view over our entire customer & prospect base, build out a system of attribution and strategise how best to move someone along the funnel. This is integral to our mission to solidify our position as the market leader in Europe as we scale from our series A to B.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Execute a digital marketing strategy to support quarterly marketing targets including leads, pipeline and revenue attainment
- Champion and drive lifecycle marketing efforts
- Take ownership of our email marketing: newsletters (customers + prospects), nurtures and automated emails
- Build workflows and track customer journeys for maximising lead nurturing
- Develop our intelligence on our existing customers, prospects, competitors and target markets
- Build an automation playbook (enrollment triggers for HS Sequences) that creates narrative based, personalized, and triggered campaigns that drive top/middle of funnel conversion, upsell and retention
- Partner closely with Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to supercharge a multi-channel, multi-touch, lifecycle program and champion our lifecycle marketing roadmap
- Establish a rigorous analytical framework and manage the reporting and performance of all lifecycle initiatives
- Monitor and analyze campaign results across all channels to understand the efficacy of strategies and tactics for improving key engagement and retention metrics
- Prepare and communicate team updates and performance to cross-functional teams and key business stakeholders
- 3+ years in B2B lifecycle marketing related roles, ideally at fast growing companies with high data and analytical rigor
- Detailed technical knowledge of CRM & email systems
- Understanding of lead scoring, optimization and attribution modeling
- Demonstrated results in improving sales pipeline/funnel close and conversion ratios, ideally in the middle of funnel lifecycle stages
- You have deep experience in narrative arcs, high quality content, triggers, personalization, and analytics across multiple surfaces to drive highly profitable and scalable campaigns
- Proven track-record of managing and delivering customer lifecycle programs in web environments, including hands-on management of email workflows, audience segmentation, and identifying customer actions and conversions for each lifecycle stage and achieving those KPIs
Nice to haves:
- Strong working knowledge of Hubspot CRM or other marketing automation tools, with a strong track record leveraging those tools to create successful, multi-channel, and multi touch campaigns
- Experience in the use of analytics to evaluate online customer behaviour, expertise in A/B testing and optimisations
- Experience in project management
- Proven campaign management experience
- Basic design tool skills to make small adjustments to global creative assets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in other EU languages
Desired personality traits:
- A good natured person who is empathetic, respectful, and supportive of the wider team and the people that you work with
- Able to handle multiple tasks - from fast turnarounds to longer term work - and prioritise effectively and efficiently
- You get involved in our 'remote' culture, participating in slack chats and weekly syncs
- You initiate projects, and have a solid grasp of the pulse of the business
Working at Capdesk
What we can offer you:
- Starting salary of circa £45,000 depending on location, with regular reviews.
- Transparent equity ownership. We practice what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- Very flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Enhanced parental leave - 26 weeks maternity, 17 weeks paternity (also includes adoption) and in the unfortunate circumstance we also offer miscarriage leave
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle
- Semi-annual company trips (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials) and quarterly kick offs
- Onboarding budget of £2,500 to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- London's Top 50 startups to work for 2021
- London's Top 50 fastest-growing companies 2021
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.