A little flex time
Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You're free to choose your own hours as long as there's some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal culture events
Part-time options: We'll consider part-time options for this role, please mention what you're looking for in your application
Salary: Starting at €64,000 - €85,000
Note: We've defined a salary range for this role based on the level of initiative and experience we're looking for. This isn't the “limit” and there's room for you to grow at Frontastic.
You'll be part of our growing Product team — helping us to shape the developer experience for our ambitious and fast-growing Composable Frontend Platform, enabling developers and business users to collaborate in building websites and applications.
As Product Manager for our Developer Experience team, you will be responsible for our developer platform and its extensibility. Your work will be centered around our 3 strategic drivers:
🔥 What you'll be responsible for
- You'll manage the roadmap for our developer platform: talk to users, understand their problems, and prioritize this work, so the team is always working on the most impactful initiatives
- Think big, scope small, and quickly iterate together with your cross-functional team to make sure that you continuously learn and solve the right problems
- Use your product sense, together with a qualitative and data-informed approach, to create a platform developers love
- Inspire your peers and build partnerships across all departments in delivering an excellent product
- You'll own the end-to-end product for developers on our platform and can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them
🤔 What's it like working in our Product team?
- We focus on customer problems. We always start with the customer's problem and go from there. We know that we will only become successful if we are able to make the life of our customers better, and that's how our value Make an impact drives us every day.
- We trust each other. We know our strengths but are also humble. We always listen to and consider other people's opinions and feedback, but are not afraid to take decisions that go against the consensus. We know we can rely on each other (We're in this together) and understand that mistakes are how you build up experience.
- We're passionate learners. When we interact with our customers and prospects, we constantly want to learn something new — it might be related to our product or the user's everyday work life. Our value Thirst for learning has special meaning for our team. Only by learning can we achieve the best possible impact for our customers.
💪 What you'll accomplish in your first 90-days
- Understand the strategy, including market landscape, competitors, differentiation & our business model leading up to our vision
- Get to know the company, the different teams, and how you can collaborate
- Get to know your cross-functional team, take part in plannings, co-working sessions, and other ceremonies
- Get to know our developers' motivations by attending customer and prospect meetings and reading notes from previous sessions
- Understand Frontastic's architecture to understand how each piece works together and fits into the broader tech ecosystem
- Assist in the quarterly product review and planning, and be ready to own your domain the following quarter
- Follow the solution discovery and delivery process for one initiative, and actively contribute to an enhancement of the developer experience
🧩 You'll likely have this experience
- 5 or more years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping an impactful B2B product
- Previously worked with technical products, especially APIs and frontend frameworks
- Applied knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research
- Desire to understand frontend developers of varying skill levels and technical capabilities — their motivation, needs, and how they work
- Confident presenter and facilitator. Not afraid to go against consensus by asking the right questions
- Self-starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Possess the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment — and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English
👏 We're offering:
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need — you'll be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
👣 About us
We're a fully remote company, and we've been working that way since being founded in 2017.
Frontastic is a Composable Frontend Platform that unites business and development teams to build commerce sites on top of headless. Our customers see higher conversion rates, increased developer productivity, and a faster time to market.
We're growing our team to reach our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. 🚀
If you want to learn more about our product, watch our product demo video.
🤝 Our hiring process
We've designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review
2️⃣ Discovery call (25min) with Peter, our Chief Product Officer, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills
3️⃣ Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
4️⃣ First interview (60min) with Heidi, our Product Lead, and Sissi, our Engineering Manager, to learn more about our product principles and our developer experience
5️⃣ Second Interview with Toby, our Principal Backend Developer
6️⃣ You'll then be invited to a short live technical scenario which shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to prepare and present, discussing your approach to a product scenario
7️⃣ You'll be invited to a stakeholder lunch (30min) where you'll get the opportunity to meet informally with some of your co-workers in our product and engineering teams
💬 We'd love to hear from you
If you've any questions about the role, email our Talent team at email@example.com. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Visit our careers page on our website to find out more about our organization and culture.
If this role isn't for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we'd really appreciate it if you'd share this role with them!
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.