A little flex time
Please note that we're currently looking to hire two candidates, one role is restricted to candidates based in the United States of America (USA).
Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You're free to choose your own hours as long as there's some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal culture events
Role Restriction: We're looking for two candidates — One role has no restrictions, but for the other role we're looking for someone based in the United States of America (USA) in order to attend events and conferences on our behalf and act as a Frontastic representative as we expand in the US market.
Part-time options: We'll consider part-time options for this role, please mention what you're looking for in your application
Salary: Starting at €75,250 - €100,250 for full-time
Note: We've defined a salary range for this role based on the level of initiative and experience we're looking for. This isn't the “limit” and there's room for you to grow at Frontastic.
You'll be part of our growing Sales team — as the technical pillar of our sales team, supporting us in distributing of Frontastic. You'll work closely with the developers of our partners and potential customers, convincing their technical decision-makers and making sure that our solution scenarios fully meet customer needs.
🔥 What you'll be responsible for
- You demonstrate the Frontastic platform (architecture and functional scope) and participate in follow-up sales meetings to discuss and finalize technical questions with our customer tech teams and/or CTOs
- You take responsibility for all technical questions in the sales team
- You perform hackathons and proof of concepts workshops together with partners and customers
- You educate and empower developers who want to build on Frontastic through technical content, including sample applications, presentations and blog posts
- You give customers support in the development of the overall architecture including other involved systems and the migration strategy
- You develop convincing customer-specific answers in the technical part of requests for proposal and specifications
- You are able to create customer-centric architecture overviews and presentations and present them accordingly
- You may speak at meetups and conferences
🤔 What's it like working in our Technical Pre-Sales team?
"As a Solutions Engineer, I value the close collaboration with my sales colleagues. Every single day and every potential customer brings new interesting challenges and the opportunity to learn, but also to teach something meaningful. I'm convinced that as a team we can have a great impact on the market." Michael Nimz, Solutions Engineer
💪 What you'll accomplish in your first 90-days
- Get to know your colleagues in 1:1 introductory calls
- Study our product documentation
- Get to know our product and platform
- Understand our value proposition, sales message, and sales process
- Join your first sales calls with Nina, Head of Sales, and Micha, our Solutions Engineer
- Co-work with Micha to prepare technical demos and deep-dives
- Co-work with Micha to prepare and run hackathons and live coding sessions
🧩 You'll likely have this experience
- 4 or more years of experience in a technical consulting or management role, or as a Solutions Engineer or Solutions Architect, ideally having worked within commerce/retail, eCommerce, ERP, Web CMS, PIM, or other related areas.
- You've frontend development knowledge and experience (Tracking, A/B-Testing, Responsiveness, PWA, Mobile-first, API, …)
- You've got a high tech affinity and a highly motivated approach to developing yourself further and gaining knowledge, especially in the context of web, cloud, and retail technologies
- You understand that there are always trade-offs between different software architectures and are able to discuss requirements and solutions with openness and respect.
- You understand customer requirements and problems and are able to translate them into product value, features and functionality, and customer reference architectures.
- You can relate the technical benefits and constraints of a platform to business requirements and are willing to embrace the problems of non-technical shareholders and incorporate their requirements.
- You find it energizing and motivating to convince and win new customers for Frontastic.
- You're good at networking and getting in touch with others quickly.
- You've got a well-structured working style and are used to managing many projects at the same time.
- You've very good writing and communication skills in English
🛠️ Our stack
- React (plain and TypeScript) and Next.js in the frontend
- MaterialUI, SCSS, and Tailwind
- PHP with Symfony and Node.js in the backend
- MySQL and CouchDB as databases
👣 About us
We're a fully remote company, and we've been working that way since being founded in 2017.
Frontastic is a Composable Frontend Platform that unites business and development teams to build commerce sites on top of headless. Our customers see higher conversion rates, increased developer productivity, and a faster time to market.
As of November 2021, Frontastic has officially become part of commercetools- we're growing fast and continue to work focused on our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey? 🚀
If you want to learn more about our product, watch our product demo video.
🤝 Our hiring process
We've designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review
2️⃣ Discovery call (25min) with Micha, our Solution Architect, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills
3️⃣ Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
4️⃣ First interview (60min) with Micha, and also with Nina, Head of Sales and Partnerships, to learn more about our sales processes and goals at Frontastic, as well as find out how you'll make an impact inside the team
5️⃣ You'll then be invited to a short live technical scenario which shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to prepare, discussing your approach to identifying and engaging with technology and agency partners
6️⃣Founder Interview (30min) with Thomas, our Chief Executive Officer to talk more about Frontastic history, our customers, our journey, and answer any questions you may have
💬 We'd love to hear from you
If you've any questions about the role, email our Talent team at email@example.com. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Visit our careers page on our website to find out more about our organization and culture.
If this role isn't for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we'd really appreciate it if you'd share this role with them!
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.