A little flex time
Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You're free to choose your own hours as long as there's some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal culture events
Part-time options: We'll consider part-time options for this role, please mention what you're looking for in your application
Salary: Starting at €79,500 - €92,000 for full-time
Note: We've defined a salary range for this role based on the level of initiative and experience we're looking for. This isn't the “limit” and there's room for you to grow at Frontastic.
You'll be part of our growing Developer Experience team — looking at emerging technologies and helping to define the future of how frontends are developed with our Frontend Composable Platform
🔥 What you'll be responsible for
- Partner with our Principal Backend Developer, acting as the go-to person for tricky technological decisions which drive the sustainable development of our SaaS platform
- Guide the team to make sensible decisions increasing current and future development pace
- Work (pairing, mentoring, and coaching) with the team to improve individual skills
- Software development on our SaaS frontend, the libraries provided to our customers, and the cloud function executor (node.js) as you see fit
🤔 What's it like working in our Developer Experience team?
Our team is here to make sure that our platform gives the best user experience possible.
- We're working hard on enhancing the stack and tooling so that our customers can enjoyably create the best commerce sites on the planet. This is how our value Make an impact really drives us every day.
- We're also a genuine team. When we come across challenges, we make sure that we can always rely on each other's strengths and close collaboration (We're in this together) — both within the team and beyond the team. We regularly practice pair programming or co-working because working in a remote team doesn't mean not working together or working alone.
- We're passionate learners. Technology is always evolving, and we're constantly on the lookout for new ideas that could improve the experience for our customers. Our value Thirst for learning has special meaning for our team. To achieve our goals together, we have a curiosity that motivates the study, willingness to share our knowledge, and acceptance that sometimes we fail to learn more.
💪 What you'll accomplish in your first 90-days
- Release some code used in customer projects, might be insignificant
🧩 You'll likely have this experience
- Track record of designing developer-facing software libraries
- Experience with scaling high load node.js backends and the involved necessary automation
- Continuously maintained at least 1 application with production usage for more than 3 years
- Experience in eCommerce is a plus, but not required
- Experience with the concrete technologies we use is a plus, but not required: TypeScript, React, Redux, SCSS, Webpack, Babel, MaterialUI
🛠️Our technical stack
- React (plain and TypeScript) and Next.js in the frontend
- MaterialUI, SCSS and Tailwind
- PHP with Symfony and Node.js in the backend
- MySQL and CouchDB as databases
👏 We're offering
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need — you'll be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
👣 About us
We're a fully remote company, and we've been working that way since being founded in 2017.
Frontastic is a Composable Frontend Platform that unites business and development teams to build commerce sites on top of headless. Our customers see higher conversion rates, increased developer productivity, and a faster time to market.
We're growing our team to reach our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. 🚀
If you want to learn more about our product, watch our product demo video.
🤝 Our hiring process
We've designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review
2️⃣ Discovery call (25min) with Kore, our Chief Technology Officer, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills
3️⃣ Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
4️⃣ First interview (60min) with Toby, our Principal Backend developer to discuss our platform and how to handle emerging technologies
5️⃣ Second Interview (60min) with one of our Senior developers to discuss our engineering practices and our Developer Experience team
6️⃣You'll be invited to a stakeholder lunch (30min) where you'll get the opportunity to meet informally with some of your co-workers in our product and engineering teams
💬 We'd love to hear from you
If you've any questions about the role, email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Visit our careers page on our website to find out more about our organization and culture.
If this role isn't for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we'd really appreciate it if you'd share this role with them!
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.