A little flex time
hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for a Senior Android Developer who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe.
While we have always been about premium digital experiences, to deliver the ambitious product roadmaps of our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies) we need to take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Why hedgehog lab?
- Ranked #1 globally for mobile app development on Clutch
- We work with clients of all sizes, from startups to FTSE 100 companies across a range of sectors. If you want to build your portfolio, this is the place to do it. Check out some of our past client work here.
- A transparent and open company culture based on trust, where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Our People are our greatest asset, and we are so proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work, as rated by 91% of our business.
- We’re a fully Flexified Employer, certified by Flexa. We know a one size fits all approach doesn’t work for everyone, we work with our employees to establish a model that benefits both parties.
- Full-time, permanent Android Developer.
- Recognise problems and be able to arrive at a solution either independently or with the assistance of the project team (Product Manager, Scrum Master, Designer, and other Engineers)
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning meetings and daily stand ups
- Contribute to the estimation of time and delivery of projects
Must have requirements
- 4+ years of experience developing for Google’s Android platform using Java / Kotlin programming languages
- Experience of developing production/commercial applications using Java / Kotlin programming languages
- An aptitude and openness to learning new skills and technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - whether it be tracking down an obscure memory leak, or getting to the bottom of how best to translate business requirements into a fully implemented solution
- Strong opinions on what goes into making a good mobile app around areas such as performance, security, and usability
- A solid understanding of HTTP, RESTful APIs and how a mobile app consumes them
- An appreciation of mobile UX and knowledge of Google’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with, or a willingness to extend your skills in unit testing
- Working knowledge of Git, Continuous Integration, and other supporting systems
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies
- Links that showcase your recent projects
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big.
- An ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
What We Offer
- Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- Flexible working environment (flexi-time, hybrid working environment)
- An enhanced maternity policy.
- A transparent and open company culture where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Annual Learning & Development budget inclusive of 4 L&D days.
- Annual personal Wellbeing budget inclusive of 2 wellbeing days.
- Access to free therapy sessions and financial wellbeing service