1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
We’re looking to hire a Business Development Manager, to manage a team of 12 Business Development Representatives currently, who are tasked with outreaching to potential customers and nurturing leads up until a point that they’re interested in buying. Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you’ll play a key role in growing our established BDR team.
What you’ll do
Our success as a business is founded on the strength of our teams. As a Business Development Representative Manager, you will set the tone for your team and foster a culture of strong achievement, inclusiveness, collaboration, creativity, and accountability.
- You will set the direction and empower the success of your team by training them to be more effective at engaging with prospect businesses that will gain value from Paddle’s solutions.
- You will nurture and coach the team to employ the right sales methodologies, instilling the value-sell skill set and developing their business acumen.
- You will measure individual performance against target, conduct weekly one on ones, improve their skills in their current role and ensure each individual in your team has a career progression plan.
- You will lead operational execution for outbound performance, forecasting, and strategic coaching.
- You will help develop sales playbooks that clearly articulate best practices for building a world class demand generation engine.
- You will work alongside other Sales Managers, Head of BD, CMO and the VP of Sales to design & implement strategies and optimise communications and approach for software companies, across various verticals.
- You will build and maintain effective relationships across the sales, marketing and product departments to accelerate company growth.
- Plan social events for your team to help build a strong team dynamic and fun environment.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have a sales background with experience managing and coaching consultative sales teams.
- You have experience in the SaaS space in a B2B growth company.
- You have experience in closing deals, prospecting, cold outreach and lead generation.
- You are a great motivator and have a passion for developing others through their career progression.
- You have experience working in a company selling highly technical products and complex platforms.
- You know how to build and nurture technical sales pipelines.
- You will have strong commercial acumen, with the ability to spot potential leads and revenue opportunities, and proven track record of successfully building outbound sales processes.
- You are a strong team player and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You have prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- You have experience selling to technical persons, (CTO, Head of Product, Technical Founders).
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 190 people and growing. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from an amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on new opportunities at Paddle!