1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Having a new house is great. Getting a new house isn’t. It's a big life moment and can be complicated and scary for all of us.
That's why we’re on a mission to remove risk so people can move fearlessly. We use tech, design and data to make dealing with clients secure and friction-free for lawyers and professional services across the property sector.
Since our co-founders, Jack and Olly, founded Thirdfort in 2017, we’ve grown from a single London office to an amazing, international team of over 90 with team members also in Manchester and Sri Lanka. We are backed by big-hitting investors, including Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla and Cazoo), leading law firm Mishcon de Reya and HM Land Registry. We already work with over 550 property and legal businesses to help streamline their processes and keep security top of mind, and we're growing. We're serious and we're ambitious. Come join us.
Thirdfort has experienced exceptional Revenue and Headcount growth in the past year, driving the need for highly scalable Finance Operations. This has begun with the in housing of finance activity from a 3rd party, and being one of the first 3 finance hires, the Commercial Finance Manager which will be instrumental in building a world class finance function.
The role will use exceptional analysis and financial modelling skills alongside a business partnering mindset to drive real commercial and business impact.
If you are a qualified accountant, with a strong desire to kick start a career in fast growth/venture backed businesses, and work with an exceptionally talented team then this role may be for you.
The Commercial Finance Manager will have a high degree of ownership and autonomy across Reporting and FP&A, as well as a high level of stakeholder interaction in order to:
- Help build Thirdfort an exceptional financial model that enables deeper stakeholder understanding of the business
- Business partner key business stakeholders on areas that benefit from financial insight (e.g Pricing decisions, marketing ROI, budgeting)
- Build an outstanding reporting suite that supports the drive towards a strategic and data led mindset (live dashboards and monthly)
You might be right for this role if you:
- Are a Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Have FP&A/Commercial Finance or Deals experience
- Have Excellent Google Sheets/Excel skills
- Are experienced in advanced financial modelling
- Have a strong wider digital skillset
- Are an excellent communicator
- Have a strong desire to work in a start up and build an excellent start up CV
Further desirable skills include:
- BI (Python/SQL) skills highly desirable
- SAAS or fast growth FP&A/Commercial finance experience
Life at Thirdfort
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.