1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Having a new house is great. Getting a new house isn’t. It's a big life moment and can be complicated and scary for all of us.
That's why we’re on a mission to remove risk so people can move fearlessly. We use tech, design and data to make dealing with clients secure and friction-free for lawyers and professional services across the property sector.
Since our co-founders, Jack and Olly, founded Thirdfort in 2017, we’ve grown from a single London office to an amazing, international team of over 90 with team members also in Manchester and Sri Lanka. We are backed by big-hitting investors, including Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla and Cazoo), leading law firm Mishcon de Reya and HM Land Registry. We already work with over 550 property and legal businesses to help streamline their processes and keep security top of mind, and we're growing. We're serious and we're ambitious. Come join us.
Thirdfort has experienced exceptional Revenue and Headcount growth in the past year, driving the need for highly scalable Finance Operations. This has begun with the in housing of finance activity from a 3rd party, and being one of the first 3 finance hires, the Finance Operations Associate which will be instrumental in building a world class finance function.
In delivering that outcome, this role will combine exceptional attention to detail and Accountancy knowledge, with a desire to automate processes and ensure reporting is highly accessible and relevant.
If you are a qualified accountant, with a strong desire to kick start a career in fast growth/venture backed businesses, and work with an exceptionally talented team then this role may be for you.
Your core responsibilities will include:
The Finance Operations Associate will have a high degree of autonomy and ownership for all aspects of Financial Control, including systems, in order to:
- Lead the transition to in house of Financial Operations
- Ensure accuracy of financial information
- Lead on compliance activities and ensure VAT, R&D and Accounts are on time
- Bring month end close to >2 days
- Support building of live reporting (e.g via dashboards) with SMEs in the team
- Interface with commercial finance on financial modelling and updating other reports
You may be right for this role if you:
- Are a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Have experience of technology/software businesses (either as clients in practice, or having worked for them)
- Have Excellent Google Sheets/Excel skills
- Have a strong wider digital skillset
- Have a strong desire to work in a start up and build an excellent start up CV
Further desirable skills include:
- Familiarity with Xero, Dext, Pleo and other Finance Ops tools
- Experience of implementing automation/process improvement
- Python/SQL or other BI skills
Life at Thirdfort
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.