3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. Our open-plan space is ideal for collaborative working. When you're not doing what's never been done, you can enjoy a team lunch on our large outdoor terrace, or join a yoga class in our dedicated studio.
The role of the Senior Risk Specialist is to support the Senior Risk Manager in the implementation and evolution of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) across the FARFETCH group. ERM takes a risk-based approach to managing an enterprise, integrating concepts of internal control, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, data protection and strategic planning. It involves identifying the key risks to the Business's objectives, assessing them in terms of likelihood and magnitude of impact, determining a response strategy, and monitoring progress to ensure optimal risk mitigation. BCP is an associated key process within ERM to outline how the business will continue to operate during an unplanned disruption in service. The role requires hands-on development of risk and business continuity models involving market, financial and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the Risk Senior Manager in the implementation and roll out of the FF business continuity (BC) framework, Crisis Management tool and plans to ensure that an efficient process is in place for the recovery and continuity of the organisation's critical services
- Deputise as the lead in the event of a business interruption while being responsible for updating the documentation of the processes and procedures
- Perform a gap analysis on previously completed business impact assessments (BIA) performed by an external consultancy to ensure business recovery priorities are aligned with business-critical activities
- Organise the periodic assessments of BIA, BC exercises and meetings to confirm the adequacy of the current recovery strategies, supported by an action list from such meetings for monitoring, tracking, and reporting.
- Strengthening working relationships with external providers of BC Services, consultants and auditors, while maintaining a register of BC and crisis management incidents, actions and outcomes for reporting to senior management.
- Assist with horizon scanning for new or changes in existing risks about business, information security, and business continuity risks, while ensuring that controls are reviewed regularly to improve the effectiveness of the firm's BC Framework, policies, and Documentation
- Support the Senior Risk Manager in ensuring there is a robust risk monitoring process: Analysing current risks and mitigating strategies, and ensuring they are being executed by stakeholders accordingly, and ensure that the functional risk reviews are scheduled and completed in a timely manner
- Develop risk reporting that is tailored to the relevant audience; in particular, updating senior management about the most significant risks to the business to facilitate executive decisions regarding risk management from a holistic company perspective. This will also include the preparation of materials for the bi-monthly Global Risk Committee (sub committee to the exec) about the most significant risks to the business
WHO YOU ARE
- Worked in a Risk and BC environment experience with ideally a Business Continuity qualification, e.g. CBCI
- Knowledge of the Business Continuity Institute's Good Practice Guidelines and the International Standards ISO22301, ISO22313, or similar standards
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles of Enterprise Risk Management
- Experience building successful working relationships, with stakeholder management skills and the ability to engage with employees and partners and other stakeholders
- Good communication skills, excellent time management skills
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.