3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Infogrid is helping protect the planet and improve the lives of billions of people by making every building a smart building.
Our goal is to be the global provider for connected devices in smart buildings. We already handle millions of events every day from tens of thousands of sensors and we’d like you to help us scale that by an order of magnitude over the coming months.
Sustainability is at our heart; buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
We are still early in our journey but have already achieved a lot; we raised a successful series A funding round, grew 5x in employee numbers within 12 months, and voted one of the top 10 most flexible places to work.
We are looking for a process optimisation improvement specialist who also has used tech/product to improve processes in the past. Our clients love our solutions because they are highly scalable, meaning they can do large scale deployments of sensors across thousands of buildings globally, with ease. As we bring new solutions to market we need to make sure this is still the case.
Your goal will be to design a simple and easy end-to-end process for the survey, quoting and install of each of our new solutions, which will allow our clients to do large scale roll outs of sensor deployments across thousands of buildings with ease. You will work autonomously as part of a Product team, and interact with stakeholders across the whole business, as well as experts on the hardware (e.g. electricians) to achieve this.
You’ll need to learn about the way the sensors are currently installed, use your critical eye and our experts’ knowledge to work out better ways of doing it in the context of our business. You’ll need to visit customer sites (within Central London) to test the survey and install processes you design, and spot ways of improving it. You’ll need to create training and train Infogrid’s third-party deployment teams, internal teams and clients’ engineers. You’ll make recommendations to Infogrid about what resources we need in house / to partner with to make sure we can support global rollouts of our solutions.
What would be your typical activities?
- Coordinate hardware installations in test environments and with friendly customers
- Install new hardware in test environments and map out full E2E installation flows for a variety of different sensor types
- Work with Product Managers to critically assess pain points across installations flows and create solutions that embody the Infogrid ethos of simple and scalable
- Understand the technical requirements required during installations
- Source and train installation partners globally
- Understand supplier capabilities and constraints and embed them in the solutions you create
- Ensure that you clearly understand the implications of the solutions you create across the business (e.g., finance, resources, solution profitability) and communicate those implications to relevant stakeholders both internally and externally
What we think you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to learn quickly about different IoT solutions, and existing ways of installing them
- Critical thinking and acute attention to detail that can be used to challenge “how we normally do it”
- Process design/optimisation to build highly scalable processes, and the ability to embed these processes in a business
- Ability to collaborate with experts / technical specialists to use their knowledge as part of the process design
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities as you liaise with customers to plan surveys/installs through Beta testing phases of the processes, representing Infogrid throughout
We think Infogrid is a great place to work - we’re a recently funded and rapidly growing startup so it’s not perfect but:
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.
🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offer flexible working hours before COVID and we’ll keep that flexibility afterward.
📚 Learn and get promoted: Join us at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here
🌟 Improve yourself: We give everyone a day per month to focus on personal development
🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely
🏠 Added bonus: We give everyone options in the company.
🚀 Join a legitimately secure tech start-up: $15.5M funding round is great of course but more importantly we have real paying customers and a good, growing revenue stream.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
So that’s us. If you love the idea of building something great that makes the world a better place, in a slightly chaotic but consistently entertaining environment please do get in touch via the apply button.