3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 18 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Head of Engineering.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Head of Engineering - Workplace Wellbeing
We are looking for a Head of Engineering for our Workplace Wellbeing collective, a group of teams responsible for enabling our clients to create environments where their employees can flourish in their Mental Health.
As Head of Engineering you will report to our VP of Engineering and work closely with our cross-functional Product Development leadership team.
Things you'll do in this role
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
Building Teams - Your initial focus will be on growing our Workplace Wellbeing teams by two teams, along with management and leadership roles to support, coach and mentor teams and engineers within your collective.
Building Direction - You will collaborate with your peers, leaders and engineers on setting and evolving the technical direction, culture and practices that allow your Product Teams to hit some ambitious targets in 2022.
Collaboration & Motivation - You will work closely with leaders- and stakeholders across all of Product Development (4 collectives) to unblock our teams and give them a clear path to be aligned, supported and fulfilled in their work.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
- Experience supporting engineers on multiple teams in an agile environment for SaaS products
- Experience with leading teams during innovation alongside a more established product, where experimentation and use of metrics to drive decision making is the key to a successful journey.
- Managing managers and technical leaders
- Leading on hiring, goal setting and performance management of engineers
- Excellent communication and senior stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Excited to play a part in making Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays - 3pm finishes on Friday for June, July and August
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Celebration days - each Unminder has 2 days each year to take as time off to celebrate something special to them!
- Generous gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace