1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
TrueLayer Client Operations team are part of the engine which help our client either pre or post sign-up. This team has several functionalities from day to day Client Care to Technical Support but also Transaction Monitoring and AML investigations. Our Client Operations team have a full view of the customer journey influencing it at every step by ensuring our clients have a smooth experience using our platform from the very first time to business as usual.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Investigations Specialist to join TrueLayer in developing TrueLayers ongoing monitoring processes. The Investigations Specialist will play an integral role to maintain our first line of defence against money laundering and financial terrorism. This position is focused on protecting TrueLayer from financial crime exposure.
As the Investigations Specialist you will sit within client facing teams enabling you to gain insight to our customer base and the products available to them. We are looking for an AML subject matter expert who is well versed in financial crime typologies and trends. You will be responsible for conducting transaction monitoring checks for TrueLayer's customers, and will need to detect and analyse activity which requires further investigation. We are looking for someone who is prepared to contribute to continuous improvement opportunities in this area.
You will be supported by your team members and other cross functional areas to ensure that you have access to information and tools to best develop our financial crime fighting function!
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As our Investigation Specialist, you will:
- Monitor transactions for suspicious activity, prioritising alerts which require further information.
- Complete complex investigation, collating information from an array of sources to make informed decisions.
- Articulate findings in a comprehensive report, identifying financial crime risks and making concise recommendations.
- Assist in scoping new monitoring scenarios that may be required and tune existing scenarios.
- Identify financial crime typologies and trends and communicate these to the wider team.
- Assist in investigating reports of fraud.
- Assist with dealing with law enforcement enquiries and liaise with authorities to provide the information required.
- Act as a subject matter expert by assisting to build financial crime and money laundering knowledge across the business.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of systems and processes.
- Be comfortable working to/ setting KPIs and support in the accurate collation of MI for Senior Management Team/ external reporting.
- Experience reviewing transaction monitoring alerts, conducting analysis on potential hits to determine whether further investigation is required.
- Experience conducting complex financial crime investigations.
- Ability to present findings on clients following an investigation, including a comprehensive assessment on the financial crime risks and recommendations (e.g. customer exit).
- Experience dealing with a range of different business customer types.
- Ability to proactively identify trends and emerging typologies that can be used to enhance transaction monitoring rules in place.
- You should have an understanding of money laundering typologies across a range of products and services/ different customer types.
- Good working knowledge of Financial Crime risks, AML controls and regulatory standards.
- Comfortable working with other functions and challenging or escalating, where appropriate.
- Attention to detail, interested in learning and engaging with others.
Nice to haves:
- Experience performing transaction monitoring reviews for eCommerce Merchants, iGaming/Gambling and/or Cryptocurrency businesses preferable.
- Understanding of UK and EU AML/CTF legislation (international AML/CTF knowledge is advantageous)
- Have a recognised Financial Crime qualification.l
- Experience in Finance, a Financial Technology company or a Technology company;
- Experience in a hyper growth technology startup.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work 🏡
- Choice of Linux or Mac technology 💻
- A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private Health Insurance 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).