3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as an Engineering Team Lead.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Engineering Team Lead
We are looking for an Engineering Team Lead to join our Workplace Wellbeing collective. A group of teams responsible for enabling our clients to create environments where their employees can flourish in their Mental Health.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind.
Mentor & Lead - One of your key responsibilities will be to lead and grow a happy and healthy team. This can be done in a variety of ways, such as creating an environment where the team can continuously evolve their way of working, supporting the Engineers you line manage with their career and development plan, or working with your Engineering Manager on hiring future Unminders.
Build - You will work closely with the engineers in the team to solve complex problems, and ensure the team stays focused on building what matters. As a team focusing on a new product area, you'll contribute to early technical discovery and decision making to help us achieve our product development goals.
Collaborate - You will work within a cross-functional team, consisting of Product Managers, Designers and Engineers, with various collaborators and stakeholders across the business such as the Client Success and Client Experience teams.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience of the following is important for the role.
- Experience of working at an Engineering Lead- or Senior level. We don’t mind if you haven't line managed before, but you will then need to have strong experience mentoring or coaching.
- Some experience with our tech stack (Node.js, React, Typescript, GraphQL, ES2015, AWS, Cloud-based application development), with a willingness to pick up the rest
- Experience of working in an agile environment with good engineering standards (testing, continuous improvement, frequent deployment)
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Excited to play a part in making Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friends and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace