3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 18 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Data Analyst.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Data Analyst
The core mission of the data team is to provide actionable insights to all Unmind Teams that drive product and business decisions that will help us build the best version of Unmind.
As a Data Analyst within our team you contribute to this mission by analysing and uncovering actionable insights, transforming data into business logic, and building visualisations as well as reports that surface relevant trends.
In this role you'll get to:
- Build - You will build data models following analytics engineering best practices, create visualisations, and reports with the aim of driving data-informed decision making across our business
- Explore - You will own data projects and apply your expertise in analysis and data mining to uncover interesting trends and patterns in our data using Python
- Collaborate - You will engage with different departments (e.g. Product and Marketing) to identify opportunities for leveraging and expanding the organisation’s data assets in order to inform business solutions
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who:
- Experience of working as a Data Analyst or similar within a commercial setting
- Advanced SQL skills to transform data from Data warehouses or Data Lakes (with either the experience or the appetite to learn of doing so in dbt)
- A background in using Python to perform data analysis on user behaviour to drive product decisions. This includes using relevant libraries for data manipulation and visualisation
- Experience in effectively using Tableau or similar BI reporting tools to provide actionable insights to business teams
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
• Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
• Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
• Global EAP
• Life Insurance
• Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
• Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
• Summer Fridays - 3pm finishes on Friday for June, July and August
• 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
• Celebration days - each Unminder has 2 days each year to take as time off to celebrate something special to them!
• Generous gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
• £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
• Monthly ClassPass Subscription
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
• Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
• Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
• Dog-friendly workplace