A little flex time
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A plus a $1.5 million grant from Oculus. This has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
As Financial Controller at FitXR, you will be in charge of managing and optimising the day-to-day finance processes within the company, ensuring that we have timely and accurate data to drive our decision making. You will spend your time split between setting up best-in-class financial controls and ensuring teams understand and “own” their numbers by providing support and analysis.
What you'll do
- Own our accounting and financial reporting functions, evolving the team, technology and outsourced partners as we grow, to meet the needs of the business
- Leading and engaging a high-performing team, streamlining processes, strengthening finance partnering, driving scalable tools, analysis and insight
- Oversee the preparation of monthly accounts and KPI reporting for board meetings and investors
- Work with the VP of Finance to manage the company’s current and future financial position, allowing the team to act proactively to prevent problems and capitalise on opportunities
- Manage the external audit processes and annual/quarterly filings by gathering and help preparing all supporting documentation requested
- Own the budgeting process for our rapidly expanding company. Over time you will build tools to track the return of spend of each of our teams
- Build and validate business cases for new business initiatives
You should apply if you have
- High level of attention to detail coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Worked as a financial controller or equivalent role in a high growth technology company
- Track record of managing day to day finance within a startup/scale-up and building out finance teams
- Experience of running statutory audit processes
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave