Fully flexible hours
Here at Humn, we provide an insights engine driven by data and machine learning to give our customers control and agency in how they manage fleet insurance risk. Humn's Ridesur dashboards provide actionable insights into just about every aspect of their vehicles and driver behaviour to help reduce both insurance premium pricing as well as road accidents. We build sophisticated risk models for insurers and fleets to better understand root causes of these risks to provide our customers the tools and data they need to positively influence insurance outcomes.
We are a values-driven organisation that doesn’t place revenue and profits over treatment of our people. It’s the other way round as our founders know that success begins and ends with brilliant, motivated and well-supported team members.
Continuous improvement everywhere – starting with you.
We invest intelligently in providing everyone at Humn with a career roadmap to show you where you are, what you need to know and how you can progress to your next ambition. We share this transparently across the company to help you own your career progression and manage your own development. We'll provide the coaching, guidance and insight to help you successfully navigate your chosen direction of growth
Humn is a destination employer – not a start-up pit stop. Once you’re here, opportunities will abound.
Your career path is yours to design!
This is a pivotal role in the Finance team and will give our senior leadership team a window into the inner workings and monetary positioning that is the rocket fuel for our rapid growth and expansion.
This role will be like a lighthouse during a turbulent storm, where burn rate management and forward planning around funding, cashflow, capital investment and a host of critical insights – that is existential to Humn’s near and longer-term future. You will work directly with our Finance Director, CFO and CEO to support critical insights into the financial health of Humn, drawing from our Sales and Underwriting teams, working with newly acquired entities and generating actionable data from which we can plan, build, appropriate and fuel Humn’s efforts to change the world of insurance. Hopefully, you are both an artist and a scientist in your field and are willing to 'teach us a thing or two' about how to apply measurement around various financial streams - across several disciplines including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Data Science, Insurance Underwriting/Claims, Customer Success, and support disciplines like HR, Legal, Risk & Compliance, Operations.
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Purpose of roleThe mission of FP&A is to provide insights and understanding that enhances decision making across Humn. The FP&A Manager will play a key role in building out the new commercial finance function as Humn continues to scale and innovate rapidly. You will report directly to our Finance Director and support the growth and development of the wider team. Your role will also include business partnering with various business unit leaders and helping them make informed commercial decisions, whilst acting as a liaison to our executive team as we all navigate turbulent waters to get to our envisioned destination. You'll thrive in a fast-paced environment, great attention to detail and will have a desire for automating processes wherever possible. It’s a terrific time to join if you want to have immediate impact, help steer the ship and get us to an exponentially more powerful place in the fleet insurance market. What You Will Be Working On
- Establishing a commercial finance approach and mindset
- Developing management information (financial and non-financial) and associated reporting processes
- Business partnering key stakeholders across all functions, as well as the executive team
- Building reporting and budget/forecast models
- Building budget and fundraising models (including headcount models)
- Establishing budget, forecast and reporting cycles - including executive reporting
- Establishing capital and cash planning scenarios and interaction with the wider Finance team
- Engaging with product owners and commercial teams on new product initiatives, pricing and other similar commercial finance activities
- Prepare presentations in support of board meetings, monthly/quarterly and senior leadership meetings
- Participate in financial modelling and due diligence efforts in respect of the company opening in new markets
What you will need to be successful in the role
- Proven track record of strong business partnering and a commercial approach
- Strong knowledge of the accounting and regulatory frameworks and application in a commercial environment
- Preferably experience in a VC/PE Insurance backed company which has scaled rapidly
- Experience with building FP&A models and systems - with EPM experience an added benefit
- Hands on, appetite for detail and building automation allowing time for analysis and value add activities
- Ability to manage a range of stakeholders and challenge/push back when necessary
- Experience in a financial services and/or insurance company - ideally fintech
- Experience in M&A/transaction services/Venture Capital investment
- Ideally from top 5 practice background or similar foundational accounting and finance experience
- Qualified management accountant - ACCA CIMA or ACA
Note: For this role we are seeking candidates based in the UK only.
How we work:
We need Humns who understand what is like to be part of a shared mission and what it takes for a team to succeed. While individual skills are respected, team contribution is valued. We do not encourage hierarchy in any way.
We’re agile across the business, so we’re constantly identifying and solving problems together while innovating.
What we offer:
- The role offers a competitive salary
- You will participate in our options scheme and will benefit from being an early joiner
- You will be eligible for an annual team performance - based bonus
- Your personal growth curve will be very steep.
- A personal training budget to apply as you choose
- Unlimited holidays
Our Humn Benefits:
The Humn way of working is remote first and flexible.
You will have a lot of autonomy regarding what you do and how you do it. We all hold ourselves accountable for our choices, our work and personal development.
Our enhanced Humn Employee Benefits are customer built for all our people, flexible so you can choose what works for you and available for both our UK and overseas-based people. ThanksBen offers not only private medical (BUPA), life insurance (Canada Life) and Medicash insurance programs but also benefits across lifestyle, health, wellness (mental & physical) and all sorts of fun discounts and thoughtful options that you get to choose from every month. For international hires, we work with SafetyWing to offer a comprehensive benefits platform which offers private medical, vision and dental coverage.
You will also get to choose your laptop and peripherals and office set up to create the perfect workspace at home.
Finally – please know that we crave diversity (not just strive for it), in all its wonderful forms. We understand the power of unique thinking and perspectives and seek to mirror the world within which we work and serve. We hire people who don’t accept the status quo, but rather seek to reimagine and reinvent it. Our mission is all about positively disrupting and improving the world of insurance using the latest tech-stack, but more importantly, super-clever problem solvers who think differently to create exponentially incredible solutions.