3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 18 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Head of Product.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Head of Product - Wellbeing
The last 18 months have been a transformative period for the topic of mental health. We've all gone on our own wellbeing journeys - for many, it has been a time of grief, loneliness, and anxiety while for others, it has been an opportunity for reflection and growth. If there is a silver lining from the last year it’s that the appreciation, education, and investment in mental health and wellbeing has been accelerated.
We have spent the last 5 years creating the Unmind experience as a small UK startup. We are now ready to take that to the next level, making it best in class, a truly market-leading B2B experience with a B2C calibre. This is where you come in. We are looking for someone who understands the power of digital products in transforming people’s habits and who is energised to change the relationship people and organisations have, around the world, with the topic of mental health.
As the Head of Product for Wellbeing, you will be responsible for leading and growing a brand new Collective, along with our existing Collectives to ensure happy, healthy teams as we scale. We plan for Collective leadership to be shared between you and our current Head of Product as we grow, once she returns from Maternity leave in autumn 2022.
Here’s how you’ll contribute as Head of Product - Wellbeing:
- You’ll support the product teams to build high-quality products, driven by a deep understanding of our customers and how to bring impactful products to market.
- You’ll help develop the product vision, strategy and capabilities along with the VP of Product and other Leaders to deliver against the Unmind mission. You will support the product teams in setting clear measurable goals and relating them back to our customers priorities.
- You’ll promote a learning mindset and not only be constantly ensuring Unmind is at the forefront of the latest product development thinking, but also constantly learning about its users & customers through continuous discovery and delivery.
- You’ll promote an environment of diversity, transparency and trust, where your team can feel empowered to share ideas, be challenged, and fulfill their potential.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
Who you are: :
- Hands-on impact: You have hands-on experience delivering ambitious, impactful products. You have an entrepreneurial track record of taking an idea to reality.
- Vision and strategy: You are able to dream big and rally the team around a vision. You are able to build consensus in the business around a strategy and support the teams and collectives in getting there.
- Data-informed: You’ve got a way with numbers, as well as a strong business sense, and the ability to inform strategic business decisions.
- Customer-centric: You have a customer-centric mindset and are enthusiastic about helping customers solve problems and delivering on our mission.
- Collaboration: You understand that great ideas come from anywhere and collaboration across disciplines and experiences is the key to building great products.
- Team leadership: You are an experienced leader having led and grown teams of 4 or more product managers in the past, or similar. You excel at building strong, diverse teams and creating an inclusive space where people can learn and do their best work.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays - 3pm finishes on Fridays for June, July and August
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Celebration days - each Unminder has 2 days each year to take as time off to celebrate something special to them!
- Generous gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace