1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
At Elvie, we don’t believe women's bodies are the problem. Instead, we believe the problem is that the needs of women’s bodies – and therefore, lives – have been ignored, misunderstood, and underestimated.
Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, Elvie has been improving women's lives through better – and smarter – technology ever since. We develop innovations that meet the unique needs and complexities of the female body so that women can take charge of their health across every life stage.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is a multi-award-winning device bringing hospital-grade pelvic floor care to the hands of women everywhere— it was even a gift in the Oscar Nominee Goody Bags! And now, we're proud to say that we're part of the NHS Supply Chain in the UK.
Our second innovation was Elvie Pump. Launched in 2019, it's the world's first silent, wearable breast pump, enabling women to pump wherever they please— even the catwalk at London Fashion Week. It’s since won numerous awards, including the Times 100 Best Inventions of 2019 and ‘Wearable Design of the Year’ at the Dezeen Awards. The initial success of our wellness tools gave us the means to expand our breastfeeding range to include Elvie Curve and Elvie Catch, both designed to give mothers total comfort and confidence.
As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including the prestigious Red Dot Design award). We’re ranked as one of the 15 startups ‘To Watch’ by The Sunday Times and Business Insider and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by Syndicate Room. Our founder and CEO, Tania Boler, is regularly profiled in top-tier media titles, and, in 2021, Tania was named GLAMOUR’s Women of the Year: Technology Gamechanger.
In July 2021, Elvie announced an $80 million Series C funding, the number one position and biggest raise in an initial fundraising round in the femtech category.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless - We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators - We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together - Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
We need an upbeat and proactive Office Manager and PA to help support our teams in Bristol, with the odd travel (once a fortnight or so) to our London offices to make sure they’re in tip top condition. Reporting to the People Director, you’ll wear many hats and have responsibility for diary management, travel bookings, ensuring our offices run smoothly (including H&S), and supporting with event planning and organisation. You will get insight into many aspects of Elvie, from HR and Marketing to our product development process, as you will be providing PA support directly to our Bristol-based Exec team (CPO, CTO, CMO and People Director), and be the main point of contact for all things office-related. This is a new role and a fantastic opportunity to make it your own and open up a variety of exciting career paths!
- Proactively anticipate needs of CPO, CTO, CMO and People Director, assisting with their emails, their diaries, and their logistics
- Help develop initial drafts of reports/papers/presentations
- Support with travel arrangements for the company (including international travel)
- General facilities management - supporting our Head of Facilities and liaising with our building managers and landlords as necessary
- Ensure we are Health and Safety compliant and being able to carry out risk assessments.
- Arrange catering/travel for Board meetings/investor/client visits
- Order office supplies and equipment, and keeping our all important snacks and drinks supplies replenished
- Partnering our socials supergroup (a cross functional team who design and plan our social events) to host, plan and deliver the big and small, IRL and virtual fun for all
- Experience having worked as an Office Manager (or similar role) in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to keep many plates spinning day to day, whilst having an eye for future plans
- Experience of providing PA support to Executive/C-suite teams
- Ability to exercise discretion - you will have access to highly confidential information
- Experience using Google Suite and able to pick up new systems and software quickly
- Can do approach: fix things that need fixing, be an organised and creative problem solver, multi-tasker, and re-prioritiser
- Strong and confident communicator
- Proactive style - ability to work with limited supervision/direction
- Strong culture radar - able to understand how the team are feeling and work to create a positive and enriching environment for all
- It would be great if you were NEBOSH qualified, but if not, Health and Safety experience in fire, first aid, Covid-19, DSE, and workshop would be desirable
You will be based in our central Bristol office, with some travel to our London offices (fortnightly). As a rule we have a very flexible approach to working, but given the importance of being on hand in the role as Office Manager we are looking for this role to be based in the office. You will of course have the flexibility to work from home as and when you need but we are looking for someone who thrives on working in a busy and fun, and rather chic (if we do say so ourselves), environment.
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with:
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women's tech hub.