1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Our mission is to remove the pain from payments. Our vision is to create a step change in how payments are made by small businesses - to make money move faster through the whole supply chain.Comma is an open banking bulk payment system. It handles the boring but important stuff - bills, salaries, and taxes. We get to market through bookkeepers and accountants by enabling payment services. This helps small and micro businesses who don't have access to corporate banking.We've just raised a high profile seed round and we are experiencing the challenges and excitement of a growing team. We have a lot of demand for what we are providing and are inundated with product requirements and feedback from our engaging customer base.What will you do?We're looking for a Compliance Manager/Deputy MLRO to act as our subject matter expert in AML and compliance functions, and represent Comma in relevant engagements with regulators and auditors.Responsibilities:
- Detecting suspicious activities and supporting SAR e-filingCompiling reports from investigations carried out for internal escalation, making suggestions on how to address and mitigate identified risks as appropriate
- Assisting Company’s legal works including checking legal and commercial agreement of service providersSupport all teams in audit reporting and compliance
- Supervising and supporting other business functions to ensure that they are in accordance with FCA regulations and regulatory standards
- Reviewing AML due diligence for higher risk clients and presenting your summary of the risks to senior management
- Keeping up to date with relevant legislative changes and guidance issued by regulators, performing impact assessments and making recommendations on how to appropriately address these to ensure proper and effective implementationGood knowledge of UK and EU compliance laws and regulations applicable to financial institutions (including but not limiting to, MLR 2017, PSR 2017, DPA 2018, JMLSG Guidance)
- Maintaining guidance and training material relating to anti-money laundering, suspicious activity reporting, anti-bribery and sanctionsOwning and regularly reviewing internal AML/CFT compliance manuals, policies, procedures, risk assessments and relevant systems, identifying areas in need of improvement and driving implementation
- Background in working with a technology company, assessing and coordinating solutions to InfoSec challengesWho are you?
- Extensive experience as a compliance officer
- Solution oriented - history of converting analysis into action
- Able work independently and escalate appropriately - we are a fast moving business and need to be able to rapidly address issue
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards
- Able to drive change throughout an organisation
- Experience in financial crime risk and operational compliance, with monitoring, testing and assurance experience a plus (particularly in a startup environment)
- Strong sense of integrity
- Previously approved by the FCA as an MLRO will be an advantageWhat will you receive?
We know the working environment is a critical part of anyone's decision to join a new company, which is why we've put a lot of emphasis on creating a culture that cares about our customers, each other and the mission. We offer remote working and flexible hours; we don’t need to see people every day to know they’re doing a great job.People don't work for Comma; people are a part of Comma. This is why everyone has share options in the business. Our success comes from your hard work and dedication.We want to build a small and talented team that will remain nimble. A place everybody can grow and shape. Your development matters to us and we will empower you to ensure your time at Comma propels you to where you want to be in your career.Knowledge sharing is paramount to success and so we have a group of talented advisors from companies like Amazon, Improbable, Revolut, WageStream and fast growing startups to help advise you should you need it.
Comma is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We believe that diversity makes us a stronger team so seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways to our organisation’s growth and success.