1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
This is a really exciting time to join our growing product team here at TrueLayer. The Open banking expansion team are building a next generation payment solution with the goal of providing a high converting, low cost, delightful experience for our clients (like Revolut, Freetrade and Cazoo) and their end users. By Leveraging a new wave of regulation built on openness and innovation, we have quickly become a global leader in the open banking payments space and have the lofty ambitions of wanting to become the automatic payment method of choice for our clients and their consumers.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a Product Management team focused on discovering new use cases, customer needs and building integrations with FIs around the world.
- Execute effectively in a start-up environment where the payments landscape and people’s purchasing behaviours are constantly changing.
- Build relationships with your Truelayer colleagues in marketing, commercial, customer support, legal & compliance, design and of course engineering to launch your products. We deliver against tangible business objectives and are always focusing on the highest impact and value we can deliver.
- Build deep empathy and understanding of our clients use cases and their end users needs. Be passionate about solving problems and identifying opportunities that exist in the world of payments.
- Understand the competitive landscape in the markets you’re focusing on and build an understanding of how people transfer funds and pay for goods and services today.
- Mentor and develop other product managers at TrueLayer to help them reach their potential.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have 6yrs + experience working in a product-first, fast paced, customer driven, high growth tech company.
- Are familiar working with a digital product used by a technical user base - this could include APIs, SaaS, PaaS
- Have developed product managers of differing levels of experience in to competent PMs
- Can work with a cross functional team across engineering, marketing, compliance and commercial to drive your product to success.
- Have some design chops, at minimum you should be able to know what a good product / bad product looks and feels like.
- Have experience working with a product integrated with multiple endpoints - e.g., communications APIs, financial data APIs
- Can act on data without relying on the complete picture to be built for them; prioritisation is your strength, and you have the ability to win consensus for your ideas amongst your stakeholders
- Are customer-focused; everything you do, you do it to create a platform that our clients love to use
- Would consider themselves a “people-person” - equally comfortable gathering user feedback, presenting your ideas to engineers or reporting your KPIs back to your product team - communication is key
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in regulated industries.
- Start-up experience
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 Sydney 🇦🇺 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world 🌍
Inclusion & Diversity
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).