A little flex time
At Capdesk, we’re about to rewrite the history books on how companies use equity to empower their people. By unlocking the power of equity, we can change finance for good.
With equity made more accessible, businesses can unite employees, owners and investors through shared success. It might sound revolutionary, but it shouldn’t. It’s about time.
In the last few years, we’ve quietly become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for private companies to digitise their equity information and manage and issue employee equity schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
We recently launched a first-of-its-kind secondaries market to take our mission even further. Now, employees can turn vested shares into equity as and when it suits them – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
Employee equity schemes have been broken for too long; it’s time to create a world where everyone can be a stakeholder.
Capdesk is remote-friendly, but more importantly team-first. We have amazing people all over the world but most of the team is split between Copenhagen and London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices.
We’re a lean team, so every hire is significant to us. We’re looking for each newcomer to strengthen our mission, our team and our culture – and challenge us to get better.
We completed an £8m Series A in March 2021, and we have over 1000 of Europe's startups and scale-ups using our software. We’re gearing up to go further, across Europe and beyond. That’s where you come in.
About the role
As an AE, you’ll initially join a team of five (3x SDR and 2x AE) and work directly with our Global Sales Director to learn the ropes and bring you up to speed on our space; this includes how we continually refine and deliver our evolving sales strategy.
We’re going to be unlocking more of the extensive UK market, alongside venturing into Europe to help open opportunities with some of EMEA’s hottest startups/scale-ups… and we need your help!
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities and generating qualified leads (Top 5 companies in each territory), in addition to both inbound and outbound leads generated for you by 3-4 SDR’s
- Holding Demo Calls/Closing Calls to introduce prospects to Capdesk leading on prospect scenario, their challenges and how Capdesk solves them the best
- Managing your Sales pipeline and deal flow, providing accurate weekly and monthly sales forecasts in line with Quarterly Sales Targets
- Providing proof points to prospects to facilitate close
- Collaborating with SDR’s to provide a seamless sales process for prospects
- You will provide visibility to the broader team by documenting your progress using Salesloft & Hubspot, as well as reporting on results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Handover to our Customer Success team
- You will evangelise our product by engaging and interacting with prospects using our ever expanding library of content to inform and inspire
- You will have a genuine interest in learning everything about your prospects’ equity processes and collecting insights around their pain points as if they were your own
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in an AE role, working in a similar role within a start-up/SAAS/FinTech environment
- Comfort and experience communicating with prospects through various channels (LinkedIn, Email, Video and Call)
- Solid understanding of the tech-stack required for successful AE sales (CRM tools, automation software, prospect list building tools etc.)
- Credibility and gravitas, taking control of the sales process
- Experience in prospect qualification and closing deal sizes of up to £25k pa
- Proven closing techniques
- Ability to build strong rapport and have credibility with senior executives
- Networking skills in the start-up/scale-up space
- Hunger and desire to constantly develop, learn and grow
- Hands-on experience with Salesloft, Hubspot, LinkedIn, and Cognism
- Previous experience and network selling to prospects fitting the role of CFO, Finance Director and Financial Controller
- Challenger Sales methodology and consultative selling
Bonus points for:
- A passion or deep interest in investing or private equity
- Fluency in a second language such as French or German
To succeed in this role, your personal values matter just as much as your technical skills. Does this sound like you?
- Empowered = you love to feel empowered to do the role you’re responsible for
- Iterative = you love to test and iterate new ideas and approaches
- Togetherness = you love being part of a team, pulling cohesively together to deliver the team goal
- Purpose = you love having a clear purpose and own the responsibility of your role
- Curiosity = you love to develop, learn and understand more
What we can offer you:
- Base salary between £35-45k (estimated £90k OTE)
- Uncapped % commission for Outbound and Inbound generated deals
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- Enhanced parental leave - 26 weeks maternity, 17 weeks paternity (also includes adoption) and in the unfortunate circumstance we also offer miscarriage leave
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle
- Semi annual company trips (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials) and quarterly kick offs
- Onboarding budget of £2,500 to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- London's Top 50 startups to work for 2021
- London's Top 50 fastest-growing companies 2021
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.