3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We're a creative team inclusive of Social Media, Editorial, Communications and Brand streams. We are focused on putting Browns on the map by curating and cultivating unique brand experiences in Browns distinct tone of voice. We are passionate about developing an inclusive community through the love of fashion, music, art, culture, food and beyond, to truly inspire and amaze our customers.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The purpose of the Art Director is to drive creativity and innovation in all photography for New In on brownsfashion.com. The role has two reporting lines; the Associate Art Director that is responsible for all still life photography for brownsfashion.com and the Creative Illustrator that is responsible for the kids illustrations. The Art Director is responsible to ensure the creative direction is understood, and followed by the team members across the studio touch points and new ideas are generated based on the creative direction ensuring the Browns NEW IN section always stays fresh and ahead of competition. This role is based in the UK but requires significant travel to Portugal (Porto) where the studios are located. (twice a month on average)
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Guardian of the Browns Creative Direction, the Art Director will ensure the direction is understood, followed and developed across all photography touch points. (Live model and stills)
- Will provide strategic ideas and suggestions to ensure the imagery is always kept fresh and relevant with what is currently happening.
- Will be continuously creating mood boards to give direction to the team in relation to posing, lighting, composition, crops, and models and sign off the studio guidelines.
- You will be negotiating with senior key stakeholders in the studio the conditions that will formulate what is the best practice to deliver on our creative initiatives without compromising our Creative vision but within the allocated budget.
- Expert in photography practice, will audit and test lighting as a key factor impacting image quality, making suggestions to improve lighting conditions, and educating the team to encourage adoption of new technical lighting techniques.
- Work with the Associate Art Director to ensure the product photography is in line with the on model photography following the Creative Direction, sign off results and present to the Head of Creative for approval and feedback.
- Work with the Creative Illustrator to ensure the illustration concepts are kept relevant and on point as well as identifying new strategic opportunities for illustration use.
WHO YOU ARE
- Extensive experience in model and stills photography ideally gained in both editorial and e-commerce environments.
- Able to cultivate a test-and-learn culture within the team, ensuring everyone can contribute to how we redefine e-commerce photography.
- Ability to shoot themselves at the highest standards when needed.
- Commercially focused and curious to understand the performance behind the images.
- Ability to manage budgets and project costs ensuring creative solutions are commercially viable without compromising on the quality and aesthetic.
- Motivated to coach and succession plan team members.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving's Isa's, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.
The purpose of the Art Director is to drive creativity and innovation in all photography for New In on brownsfashion.com.