1-2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Thanks for checking out our job description for the Payment Operations Manager at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just diving straight in with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we apologise in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
All that aside though, we’re pretty proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
Life and Logistics
Follow this link to find out more about progression, wellness, culture and benefits, and more, at Impala. We think it's a pretty great place to work, and we're proud to share some insight as to why.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
We are looking for a Payment Operations Manager to own a wide and complex problem space at Impala, including scoping and leading the development of our payment reconciliation processes and evaluating and selecting the right tools to support these processes as we grow. You will collaborate with teams across the business (especially Product, Operations & Sales) to keep on top of various payment flows and implement exception management processes.
Alongside this, you will also plan and manage a credit line to support our booking operations, and own the reporting on booking payment balances for senior management.
You should join us if:
- You have deep understanding of different payment models and providers, especially those relevant to marketplaces.
- You have the ability to clearly map and communicate processes for managing complex problems.
- You are experienced in project management: able to scope, evaluate and roll out new tools and processes quickly and effectively.
- You are capable to join the dots between Product, Operational, and Finance problems.
- You are able to provide colleagues with a clear overview of our exposure and reconciliation balance.
- Accountancy qualifications are not necessary, however this role requires a solid understanding of double-entry accounting and an ability to work well with accountancy teams.
- You share our organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry.
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You think lofty goals are better left to renovation builders.
What is Impala?
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
We're making it ridiculously easy for innovators to integrate with hotels, via our (frankly delightful..) API’s.
This democratises access for hotels and innovators alike, enabling and encouraging so much more innovation in travel. We believe the industry can, should and will do better, and we're going to be at the centre of that... Bring on the travel tech revolution!
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size! Think Twilio or Plaid for Travel.
And that is very much only just the beginning.
This is where you come in, there are big challenges a-plenty as we scale up and evolve, which are going to require some talented folks to solve.
- We’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means we’re reimagining what travel can and should look like - and you can be a part of that.
- We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- We’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Our Async work environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace.
- We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team. We have Star teams full of Star players across the board.
- We offer lofty progression opportunities for all Impalans
- We’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world's most incredible travel experiences.
We also have a benefits package that’s second-to-none and a wonderful community and culture. Check out our deck and our careers page for more on that.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, whilst also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).
You can check out everything we offer to set up your perfect remote work environment here.
And if Relocation excites you - we offer (and encourage!) that opportunity too.
What about the Covid-shaped elephant in the room?
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech; with endless opportunities opened up for innovation meaning the industry won't be going back to how it was. Hotels and innovators are no longer satisfied with the status quo, and players across travel tech have been busy giving themselves a make over during Covid.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
If you want to learn more about us, check out our Blog and our Culture Deck.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.