A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
This is a freelance, part-time, remote-based position. The role is part of the Localisation organisation within the Marketing department and reports to the Localisation Manager.
This role is pivotal to the success of the company as we reach out to new markets across EMEA.
You will be our European Spanish native localisation specialist and will translate and review the marketing content that will attract business from clients in Europe. You will also localise the application that these clients will be using once onboarded with Currencycloud.
As a high-value SaaS business that is rapidly scaling up, we are looking for a linguist with a strong track record in translation and localisation with direct clients, ideally in the Fintech industry. You are conscientious, thorough, have impeccable attention to detail and know exactly what works and what doesn’t (linguistically and culturally) in European Spanish markets.
You are flexible enough to adjust to Currencycloud’s tone of voice but have the confidence to steer away from the English source text to ensure that the target is idiomatic and marketable to audiences in target locales.
Beyond translation, editing and QA, you will act as our localisation go-to expert and will be able to shape how Currencycloud presents itself to non-English-speaking audiences, by also working on our linguistic assets, coordinating with fellow localisation specialists and other stakeholders, and advising several departments with your knowledge of internationalisation and localisation best practices.
- Translate and review website, app UI and marketing content
- Perform QA on localised content in final format through linguistic, visual and functional testing
- Create, maintain and expand new and existing linguistic assets, including glossaries and style guides
- Develop, manage and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders across the business – in particular other localisation specialists, vendors and Marketing and Sales
- Assist the Localisation Manager in shaping the localisation strategy for the markets
- Act as a go-to expert for any language-related matters
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities to improve the localisation language experience, and work with Marketing, Sales and other stakeholders to address them
- Research sources of knowledge when necessary in order to provide the best possible outcome for localisation
- Adhere to team processes and practices
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Native speaker of European Spanish and fluent speaker of English
- Higher education degree in Translation, Localisation or related disciplines
- 3+ years of experience localising high visibility content
- Impeccable native language skills with marketing experience (experience in the Fintech, payment or banking industry a big plus)
- 3+ years of experience using CAT tools; Memsource preferred
- Stellar research skills, attention to detail and linguistic correctness
- Solid knowledge of localisation best practices for European Spanish
- Experience with different approaches to localisation, including TEP, MTPE and transcreation
- Familiarity with QA workflows and frameworks (experience would be a plus)
- Ability to build strong relationships with team members for optimal linguistic decision-making
- Ability to show initiative and to work independently as part of an international network
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs